Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

General Cleaning Issues - Floorcare, car valeting, buying and selling businesses, pricing, staffing, market research, etc.

Train to be a Cleaning Assessor Free!

Posted by klangham (klangham), 7 August 2003
Protocol Professional is the UKs largest provider of Education Services to colleges of Further Education.

Become a CLEANING ASSESSOR and train the NVQ in Cleaning and Support Services - Buildings Interiors.

Visit candidates in their place of work (own transport essential), offer guidance and support training in person and by phone and carry out observations and provide feedback.

An established cleaning background is essential, preferably with supervisory experience. You can choose your hours and we will provide assessor training.

For payment details and opportunities in your area,
please contact Katie Langham on (0115) 9111226 or e-mail your CV to klangham@protocol-professional.co.uk quoting reference 1727

http://www.protocol-professional.co.uk

Posted by Ian_G. (Ian_Gourlay), 24 March 2004
Did anyone take up this offer.

If not how do you become an Assessor
Posted by Musicman (Musicman), 24 March 2004
Hi Ian, I had a meeting with Katie to enquire further - but the training isn't free - it costs about £250 and will take up about 40 hours of time going to college.

Once trained you are qualified to carry out NVQ assessments in any subject.

This wasn't what I wanted, the money wasn't the issue but committing 40 hours of my time was. Also I couldn't give a rats about other subjects, all I want to train in is cleaning.

Does anyone know where I can do this?

Musicman

PS Katie was lovely though! Wink
Posted by geogleam (geogleam), 24 March 2004
These people advertised for ready trained assessors a few months ago in C&M mag.  I applied thinking the job was with them, then was sent a load of blurb about being a part time lecturer from the local college, so it seems they act as an introduction agency.  After 2 application forms, an interview, a detailed medical examination and 2 references, I am waiting to start the job.  I still dont know how many hours this will take of my time but am looking forward to the rather nice hourly pay rate!!! Grin  After I start and have a better idea of whats involved, I will post more info then you can decide if the money and training required to become an assessor are worth it!
Posted by Ian_G. (Ian_Gourlay), 25 March 2004
I hope it works out for you.

If it does please advise We like to hear good

If not let us know and create hell.

I am in the middle of Industrial Tribunial Case for someone, I hate it when people are abused in work or ripped off trying to improve themselves.

Our local Gangmasters have been arrested today over employing and encouraging and exploiting illegal workers.
Posted by Stu (Stu), 30 March 2004
Just to pick up a point from a previous post. I am already an NVQ assessor in the Cleaning industry (In NO WAY WHATSOEVER anything to do with Protocol or any subsiduary of them)

If you complete the Assessor training (Now called the A1 award) you can then only assess nvq's in areas you are vocationally competent to satisfy awarding body requirements. Anyone who tells you you can assess anything has their facts wrong.

Seems the company I work for are picking up a hell of a lot of business from employers who are dissatisfied with Protocols training methods - just something to bear in mind

If anyone wants any more information on training within the cleaning industry, what quals are available etc etc then don't hesitate to drop me a line

Stu

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.