Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

General Cleaning Issues - Floorcare, car valeting, buying and selling businesses, pricing, staffing, market research, etc.

Commercial contracts and payment

Posted by easycleanwindows (easycleanwindows), 1 December 2003
Hi to everyone.
I have a small butt sucsessful window cleaning business but am struggling with the slow process of how to draw up contracts for commercial contracts and them paying up.
Can anyone in any cleaning business give me some advise on how you do yours,how dod you ask for paymen and whats the longest youve waited for payment

Thanks
Posted by Fox (Fox), 1 December 2003
Usually the commercial contracts you get would be ongoing?

In this case they need to pay you to keep their windows clean!  Normal practice is 30 days net.  Don't be surprised to wait upto 90 though.

Whatever terms and conditions you put for payment on your quotes - it doesn't always follow that the Company you have carried the work out for will adhere to it.  After all it will take more than 90days for you to claim through small claims!

Best bet is good credit control system.

Hope that has helped
Fox

Posted by highstandard (Peterdirector), 2 December 2003
I do a lot of work for large Companies and I've always been paid on time. Remember you can charge interest on late payments so make it clear when you start a new contract that it is stricktly 30 days. after 30 days interest will be added. This works for me.
Posted by petra (petra), 2 December 2003
If 30 day and interest don't work overdue letters and possible suspension of services letter never fail me.
Petra

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.