Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

Carpet Cleaning Issues - Carpet construction, upholstery cleaning, stain removal, equipment, events, etc.

host freestyle

Posted by felixthecat (felixthecat), 27 February 2004
Can anybody out there please tell me if the host freestyle machine is any good at all and if it is whats so good about it compared with HWE and other carpet cleaning machines
Posted by Petersullivan (Petersullivan), 27 February 2004
Hi felix i work very closely with host and its only my opinion but its not as good as hwe but today i carried out a clean of a five bed house and the results were as good if not better on the stairs, than any hot water  system, you have to learn what the product will achieve, in this case it was a white wool carpet. are you thinking of buying one of these machines ? if so i do khow a good supplier.
Posted by stevegunn (Steve Gunn), 27 February 2004
Pound for pound you are better off buying a hwe machine 2800+vat for host machine and you can only clean carpets that kind of money buys you a good hwe machine and you can clean both carpets & upholstery.Yes the host machine is a good bit of kit but there are other cheaper dry clean machines out there that do the same job.
Posted by felixthecat (felixthecat), 29 February 2004
thenks for the advice chaps
Posted by Dynafoam (Dynafoam), 29 February 2004
Felix,

I completely agree with Steve. A low-moisture system is a useful addition to your arsenal, with HWE as the mainstay.

One 'advantage' of Host and similar systems is that they are fairly idiot proof, whereas use of HWE without proper training can be disasterous.

John.

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.