Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

Carpet Cleaning Issues - Carpet construction, upholstery cleaning, stain removal, equipment, events, etc.

extracta BX

Posted by ALEXDH (ALEXDH), 6 November 2003
Hi two questions what do you gentleman think of the extracta BX for my first machine.

I dont want anything to big i want to be able to comfortable fit it in my MPV. And my traget is solely domestic evenings and weekends for the next 3 months.

..I have a price of £1183 excl vat for the machine.
..They have upgraded the vacs to lamb ametek 3 stage which does 140" lift.
..It has a 3kw heater with variable control .
..Holds 32 litres.
..It comes standard with 55psi pressure but can be upgraded to 100psi

I would appreciate your thoughts good or bad.

Secondly do any of you have an opinion on the Alltec Aqua 40 machine I am considering the startup package.

Many thanks

Alex
Posted by Fintan_Coll (Fintan_Coll), 6 November 2003
Alex, yes the BX is a good little machine. All Extracta machines are well built with a good back up service. The only drawback you will find, I am sure, is that after about six months it will be too small as you get busier.
The Excel is the top of the range Extracta and will fit in the back of a MPV easily.
Fintan
Posted by stevegunn (Steve Gunn), 7 November 2003
I agree with you go for the excel teamed up with a scrubba in the local ad trader you can pick up complete start up kits for less than £1000 when available
Posted by Derek (Derek Bolton), 7 November 2003
Hi

The 140" water lift is a bit light these days...I concur with the other guys... go for a good twin vacuum machine.

The Excel IS a good machine I have had two of them over the years...in fact I still have and use one.

Regards
Derek
Posted by timjwright (timjwright), 7 November 2003
I bought a 'pre-loved' Excel from someone on the Cleantalk board last year.  Together with 3 sets of hoses, wand, hand tool, air mover and a few chemicals it cost me just over £800.  

I've now used three Excels and they have all been excellent.  A know a lot of lads who have these machines and no-one has a bad word to say.

Posted by Dynafoam (Dynafoam), 7 November 2003
Alex,

Have Emailed you a link for a Prochen Comanche for sale  @ £829.00 - twin vac, 100psi.

I know nothing of condition but should be worth a look.

John.
Posted by MB (Mark Betts), 7 November 2003
I have an exel.

Two minus points though.

A. They are vey noisy compared to other machines.

B. Changing the vac motors are a total pain in the rear.

Apart from that they are an excellent machine .........  

Mark

Posted by MB (Mark Betts), 7 November 2003
Tim

Was that from my mate Pete in Northampton?

If so hows the machine going?

I worked on that machine before you bought it, new vac motor etc etc,  you got a steal  Grin

Mark

Posted by Derek (Derek Bolton), 8 November 2003
Hi Mark

The Extracta ExCel

You are right...the Vac motor change over is a devil.... that's putting it mildly.... no swearing allowed on this site.

You forgot to mention that you have to remove a vac motor to change the pump.
Plus changing the brushes in the pump.... every three months religously otherwise the machine just stops....dead!

Having said that I have had two of them....still use one as backup...superb machine

Regards
Derek
Posted by timjwright (timjwright), 8 November 2003
Hi Mark,

Yes it was from Pete.

I was a bit worried about the fibreglass where it was damaged but I've not the slightest problem.

Just wish he'd have sold me the Scrubba!! Cry

Tim
Posted by MB (Mark Betts), 8 November 2003
Hi Tim

Well if ya really want peeing off he sod it to me!!

For £80 !!!!!!  bargain huh!!

Mind u he owed me a couple of favours.

Good to see its going well.

My exel is on its last legs now, the fibregalss is starting to go in the fresh water tank.

Keep repairing it but time for a new un i think.

How are the vac motors holding up??

Just before you had it I fitted 2 news ones in for him.

Cheers

Mark

Derek

OH NO!!!!!  Youre not serious, I think my pump is on the way out now so ure telling me i have to take out a vac as well!!!!!

Not happy

lol
Posted by MB (Mark Betts), 8 November 2003
Derekl

you mention changes the brusje son the pump every 3 monts.

Is that why mine is starting to make a bit of a noiseHuh

Ta

Mark
Posted by Derek (Derek Bolton), 8 November 2003
Hi Mark

It may well be... over time I learned hear a slight change in the 'tone' of the pump when it was operational and due for rebrushing.

Changing the brushes are easy it is just darned awkward to get at if you have large hands as I do... I have removed the Vac motor to gain access but found an easier way... get the wife to deal with the brush holder screw heads...she has much smaller hands than I do.

The trouble is that you are working blind

Regards
Derek
Posted by timjwright (timjwright), 8 November 2003
Hi Mark,

Vac motors and pump are all fine (tempting fate, I know), I think the fibreglass will need a bit of attention but nothing too serious at the moment.

£80 for the Scrubba! Shocked

He must have owed you big time.  It looked in good condition.

Tim

Posted by Fintan_Coll (Fintan_Coll), 9 November 2003
Extractas new pump is much better than what was on older models. I actually fitted one in an Alltec Professional Plus. Vastly superior to the Shurflo pump.
Fintan
Posted by Ken_Wainwright (Ken Wainwright), 9 November 2003
Enlighten me please Fintan. Same mounts? pressure? Flow rate? With or without brushes? Any installation mods to be made? Availability and cost?
Regards

Ken

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.