Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

Window Cleaning Issues - Canvassing, pole systems, pricing, problems, etc.

MicroStrip washer

Posted by shinnyshinner (shinnyshinner), 22 September 2003
Has anyone any experiance with any of the micro fibre range?
I had a go with the micro fibre cloths and found they did not have as much punch then a scrim once wet, held so much water even when rung out so there was no bite when using,what are your views on this?
Also is this the same with the T-bar sleaves once wet seems to just glide over debris in stead of getting stuck in.
I find the monsoon sleaves quite good quite hard wearing as well as the scourer on the end is a good idea
any one ever used the golden glove from ettore and what you think.
cheers Alan
Posted by STEVE71163 (Steve Lowe), 23 September 2003
Hi Alan,
         I use a ettore golden glove and they seem quite hard wearing as mine goes in the washing machine every day with my scrims etc Grin

Steve Lowe
Posted by shinnyshinner (shinnyshinner), 23 September 2003
Hi steve do you find the golden glove is rough enough when applied to the water to take of most debris of the window instead of gliding over it?
Hi Alan,
          It is not too bad for that but i think i might try a microstrip sleeve just to see if its any better Huh

Steve Lowe
I have the same thoughts I was looking at wintecs site yesterday and found they are sell 3 sleaves and a T-bar for just under £18 thats a good deal 40% off have a look, what do you think.
Alan

http://www.wintecs.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=166&osCsid=06c80d34fc49b82f287febd3ad8e9ae1
That looks a good deal Grin I think i will get some and give them a go. They might get the bits off the glass a bit better Cheesy

Steve Lowe
Hi steve just got of the phone to wintecs and pulex also do a sleave with an abrasive stripe running through one side sounds good you might find the micro sleaves have not a lot of bite on them worth a go though link is below for the pulex one
Alan

http://www.wintecs.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=13&products_id=75
Thanks Alan,
                  I will give that a go Grin

Steve Lowe
No problem speak later
Alan
Posted by samm (samm), 26 September 2003
I've just replaced 2 microfibre sleeves, I found them o.k but have worn out each side that touches the glass- didn't last half as long as the others I've tried.
The moonsoon sleeves last well and it seems like it holds more water than the microfibre.
Posted by Majestic (Majestic), 26 September 2003
Have you tried the Ettore Dura Sleeve Huh it is a heavier duty sleeve and is supposed to hold 3 times more water than a normal one .Unger also do a sleeve called the Pad, it has a abrasive  nylon pad along one side  and is supposed to be good on roof glass Cool
Posted by STEVE71163 (Steve Lowe), 27 September 2003
Hi John,
          I have seen the ettore dura sleeve advertised and might give one a go Huh Do you find them better than the golden glove Huh

Steve Lowe
Posted by gibbouk (gibbouk), 27 September 2003
the window cleaning center in ipswich do an over sleeve for your aplicator. its like a mesh sleeve made by blue water. i think its excelent for rely bad marked windows. nice bit of bite without the scrathing. great for mossy windows or skylights
Posted by shinnyshinner (shinnyshinner), 27 September 2003
Been trying out the Pulex applicator sleave with the abrasive strip down one side and found the position of the abrasive strip was not in the right place it hung too low down one the side, when using the pad side found the abrasive edge was not in full contact with the window but when positioned manually did work ok.
Thanks for the reply with the micro fibre samm think I will give them a miss for now was not totally impressed when I saw them
Dont think you can beat the unger monsoon for water hold, and the abrasive strip, Golden glove left to try soon.

Cheers Alan
Posted by Majestic (Majestic), 27 September 2003
Steve
About a year ago I bought one of each to try a Dura and  golden glove the Dura is still going strong , its more hard wearing but at about £3.50 more than the golden glove , I usualy try to buy Unger products as I like the green colour .The Unger Monsoon has  lasted  me the longest.  With the microfibre  range they just  seem to use more water, in the end I think its just down to individual choice  Cool
Posted by samm (samm), 27 September 2003
alan wise choice, like you I seen a deal for the micro. sleeves bought them but now I think back, any window with stubbon'ish marks the micro didnt even touch them - I like the sound of the abrasive ones I'll wait for some feedback me thinks

Sam
Hi sam
I would always go with the monsoon by Unger ,with the abrasive strip on the edge.
Although fancy trying the golden glove, ettoree are a very good make and been going since day 1 so will try this later.

Alan

Hi Alan,
          I forgot to say the other day. Ettore do a window brush that goes on a pole which i might try for the conservatory roofs Huh

Steve
Nice one steve
where is the info for this Have to have a look into this been looking at the hiflow one
Cheers Alan
Hi Alan,
          That brush should be on their website. Cheesy I have just looked at that winspray video in the other thread and that looks the business. Grin  Mind you i would like to know the price Huh

Steve
one I had a look at from wintecs I think was £50
I think
Alan
Posted by shinnyshinner (shinnyshinner), 28 September 2003
Hi steve I'll carry on with this before shutting down,
I spoke to wintecs when ordering GG4 and the Winspray gun is all in to your door for £49.99 just looked on web site and the brushes range from £8.99-£10.99 they go up to 12inch. but they dont have the silencers to bring out the tool or the poles or other accessories but they do state they can order in ?
Just looked on scrim city, gun works out all in for £56.75 silencers £13.37 all in, brushes work out 12inch 12.97So quite a price difference for the whole lot,
Now the only thing with the winspray is there going to be enough water pass through that fantail jet to keep an area of working tools and area to be cleaned soaked, was you thinking also cleaning of on top of conservatories? as this did pass my mind and is this tool going to perform better then the Unger hi-flow. I will be looking into this but if you find anything out please let me know and I like wise
Cheers mate
Alan
Ps thanks for telling me about video did not see that well done

Posted by STEVE71163 (Steve Lowe), 28 September 2003
Thanks Alan. Grin

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.