Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

Window Cleaning Issues - Canvassing, pole systems, pricing, problems, etc.

GG4

Posted by mark1 (mark1), 10 January 2004
IVE TRIED SYR UNGER AND ETTORE LIQUID'ALL CRAP,IS GG4 AS GOOD AS THEY SAY AND HOW LONG DOES IT LAST .IS IT WORTH THE  ££££££££££££££££
Posted by STEVE71163 (Steve Lowe), 10 January 2004
Hi Mark
          I have used GG4 for the last six months and i would not go back to washing up liquid. It saves time with clearing up after squeegeeing . It does take a bit of getting used to though and you do need to change your rubber regulary.

Steve
Posted by mark1 (mark1), 10 January 2004
STEVE I USE A 24 LTR BUCKET WITH 12LTRS OF WATER IN IT,HOW MUCH WOULD I NEED TO USE IVE BEEN USING FAIRY FOR 18 YRS,DOES A £24 BOTTLE LAST A WHILE

Posted by STEVE71163 (Steve Lowe), 10 January 2004
Hi Mark
          I used Fairy liquid for 18 years as well and when i first used GG4 i wasnt to sure because it really takes a bit of getting used to Undecided  I use a orange contractors bucket 1/4 full and put 2x5ml measures per bucket. I have just got to the end of my first bottle after 6 months so yes it does last well.

Hope this helps

Steve
Posted by Rob_B (Rob_B), 10 January 2004
Hi Mark,

I put 10ml into 6 litres of water and I am very pleased with the results.

I've been using GG4 for 10 months and have got just above half of my second bottle left.
Posted by g_griffin (g_griffin), 10 January 2004
I would agree with Steve and Rob. It should last 6 months and I guarantee you wouldn`t use 2 bottles in a year especially taking into account days off through the weather.

I use about 25ml a day. I put 15ml in about 10 litres of water and this lasts until after dinner time. Then 10ml in about 6 or 7 litres for the last 2 or 3 hours.

I bet Steve would tell you his bottle would have lasted longer if he hadn`t had to experiment with it at first.

It took me a bit of getting used to but I wouldn`t be without it now.

Gerry.

Posted by fez (fez), 10 January 2004
I wouldn't use anything else now. Check the other subjects on this forum about GG3/4. It does take some getting used to but believe me, it's well worth the effort as it is a lot quicker and the results are great. Grin
Posted by mark1 (mark1), 11 January 2004
ve just ordered a a 3.8ltr of gg4 i hope you prove me wrong
Posted by matt (matt), 11 January 2004
we used to use 10mls of the stuff, and it was hard work,

we then added a little fairy, which made it easier (but defeats the point of gg)

now we use 15mls and its not too bad
Posted by Majestic (Majestic), 11 January 2004
Tried it for a few months now cant get used to it I like to see suds  Cool

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.