Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

General Cleaning Issues - Floorcare, car valeting, buying and selling businesses, pricing, staffing, market research, etc.

I need a canvasser in the Essex area

Posted by steve_tyler (steve_tyler), 13 September 2003
hi gang,i`m in need of a good experienced canvasser to work in the essex area,could anyone put me onto one or know how i would go about contacting one myself.
what sort of money would they ask for or could it be done on a commision basis....
Posted by dave (dave), 14 September 2003
Hi Steve,

Are you looking for a canvasser who will knock on doors, arrange appointments and close the sale or a leaflet distributer popping your flyers door to door, full time or part-time.

Anyone that does it will look at the money they will be able to earn from you for the job. If you pay them an hourly rate it's got to be fair and allow for travelling expenses and they won't be bothered how many leads you get. Iff it's commission based, would you pay commission on every lead you follow-up or on every sale you make.It can be a demoralising job, knowing that you've been out all day in the rain, delivered hundreds of leaflets and not made any money or just £5.00 (I know, I've done it)!

The easiest way I've done leaflet drops in the past is to employ somebody on an hourly rate and gone with them, this covers twice the area you would on your own and keeps the momentum going, plus targeting the real properties that you want to get feedback from.

Regards Dave

Posted by steve_tyler (steve_tyler), 14 September 2003
Hi dave,
            I would like to employ someone full time and pay them a fee for every customer they get me basis.could i set out a minimum strike rate of say 10 customers a day for example?
Oh by the way they would be on the hoof nocking on doors,and a lot of them.cheers dave..
Posted by wazzastud (wazzastud), 15 September 2003
Hi Steve

Looks like we are nieghbours, I am on the Herts/Essex Border, where abouts are you?
Posted by steve_tyler (steve_tyler), 15 September 2003
chigwell m8,it`s in me profile Wink

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.