Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

Window Cleaning Issues - Canvassing, pole systems, pricing, problems, etc.

Hard water staining on glass

Posted by STEVE71163 (Steve Lowe), 15 November 2003
I seem to be getting a lot of hard water staining on glass lately Roll Eyes What product do you find works best to remove it Huh

Steve
Posted by STEVE71163 (Steve Lowe), 16 November 2003
Has anyone tried Ungar Rub out Huh Is that any good Huh

Steve
Posted by sham33 (sham33), 16 November 2003
I bought some stuff from scrim city for hard water stains but they recommended thick gloves and goggles to use it so i didn't bother  Undecided

Heres the link http://www.scrimcity.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=1_40&products_id=71
Thanks for the link. I think i will order some because i am getting a lot of hard water staining lately. Roll Eyes

Steve
I was just looking at the Titan site (Makers of GG3-4) and notice a product called Mdr-b  for removing hard water stains on glass. Has anyone tried this product Huh

Steve
Posted by g_griffin (g_griffin), 16 November 2003
Steve, they sell mdr (mineral deposit remover) at Wintecs(sorry Mike). It says it works for hard water film so I think it`s the same stuff. Never tried it but I`d be interested to know how effective it is. Have you been aked to remove these stains or are you doing it on your own initiative? I wouldn`t buy something like this unless the job was specifically asked for by the customer and then I`d charge accordingly.  Gerry.
Posted by STEVE71163 (Steve Lowe), 17 November 2003
Hi Gerry,
            I will get some mdr so i will report back when i have used it. No its not that i have been asked but when i walk away from a job i want it to be A1.

Steve

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.