Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

Carpet Cleaning Issues - Carpet construction, upholstery cleaning, stain removal, equipment, events, etc.

CFR Combo Tool

Posted by Dynafoam (Dynafoam), 13 December 2003
I have been using one of these hand tools for about six weeks now, almost exclusively for upholstery cleaning.

Innitially the balance felt awkward after decades of using mainly the Kleenrite swivel-head tool but I perservered, experimenting with jetting etc.

I cannot say that I have noticed any difference in drying times - for years the 99.9% of the suites I clean have been useably by the time I drive away - BUT what make this tool a must-have is the fact that the solution is delivered and the vacuum applied in an enclosed area only about 1/4 inch in width.

Resultantly, when cleaning a suite with beaded seams, the tool can be held stationary, with trigger depressed, immediately at the problem area, for long periods, to tackle ground-in soil without over wetting.

Certainly there are techniques for cleaning these problem areas with other tools ( normally involving a lot of back-and-forth work ) and I have developed and made a number of 'detail' tools to tackle problem areas but the CFR tool has the advantage that it is already 'on the hose' and does not involve any additional energy input from the opperator.

I commend this tool to all other haters of what I consider to be the most tiring element of our industry.

John.
Posted by MarkC (MarkC), 23 December 2003
I've been using the CFR for years and wouldn't want to clean upholstery without it.

Mark Cermak
OCIBR.com WebMaster
Posted by ALEXDH (ALEXDH), 23 December 2003
Hey its the great MarK from the USA.

You are the fellow who run the website yes?

Very impressive. Grin Grin

Posted by RAINBOW69 (CATMAN), 23 December 2003
Where can you purchase the CFR hand tool from in this country

Regards

Catman
Posted by stevegunn (Steve Gunn), 23 December 2003
try here http://www.worldofclean.co.uk/shop/cgi-bin/cp-app.cgi?&pg=cat&ref=Hand+Tools

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.