Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

Carpet Cleaning Issues - Carpet construction, upholstery cleaning, stain removal, equipment, events, etc.

what is best  dry fusion/texatherm

Posted by lee_gundry (lee_gundry), 24 January 2004
I belive these are mainly used on low profile carpet.
(i know you can use them on tuffted carpet etc)

Head to head which one gives a better visual cleaning result.

Lee G

ps
i am in the market for one of these.
Posted by Glynn (Glynn), 24 January 2004
Oh, I thought you was Mr Lee notspendinganymoremonery Gundry for two months !
your worse than me Lee Grin Grin Grin
Posted by Ken_Wainwright (Ken Wainwright), 24 January 2004
I think it would be tough to give an opinion Lee unless you ran them side by side and exactly as instructed by the manufacturers. Then it would be very close.

Given the above, I would prefer to look at them from a different perspective. They would both be sold at a similar rate. One would provide a good clean with low drying times. The other would provide a good clean also, but with added heat to enhance the cleaning/drying, plus a built-in deodourant, plus a built in quick drying/curing Teflon stain resist treatment and the option of heat bonding a long lasting Antimicrobial to every carpet fibre too. Which of these two would you choose?
Posted by Shaun_Ashmore (Shaun_Ashmore), 25 January 2004
For the moment put the cleaning solution debate to one side, the dry fusion machine is better IMO as it keeps solution hotter therefore cleaning better faster and longer, saving you time and money (use less solution)

I spoke to a cleaner in Birmingham who just does commercial and he said he uses Texatherm products and a Dry Fusion machine.

Shaun    
Posted by Mr._One_Step (Steve Carpenter), 25 January 2004
I would seriously look at Steve Hayward’s Hruby OP machine as a better alternative. Although both the Texatherm and Dry Fusion systems provide acceptable results (I have used both) they are purely bonnet cleaning machines, which utilise heat to provide better results. They clean in one direction and only the surface at that.

The OP machines have much more localised cleaning action sitting directly on top of the carpet cleaning all sides of the fibre. This gives a deeper clean removing much more soiling. The visual results are that of hot water extraction but with excellent drying times.

Plus they do not leave swirl marks or damage the pile as with bonnet cleaning machines. They can also be used comfortably in either the domestic or commercial environment. Steve also has a stair-cleaning version available.

The system is quicker than portable hot water extraction but slower than bonnet cleaning, but then I only regard bonnet cleaning as a maintenance method of improving the appearance of a soiled carpet.

Also you can use the OP machines for cleaning hard floors, stripping polish, sanding wooden floors and even UHS burnishing as the system rotates at 60 rpm but oscillates at 1700 plus rpm.

Regards

Steve

Posted by Ken_Wainwright (Ken Wainwright), 25 January 2004
After a demo last Wednesday at the NCCA Branch meeting in Nottinghamshire, I must agree 100% with Steve's comments about OP machines above. However, that isn't the whole picture. For all of the low profile large office premises I maintain, whether generic bonnet or Dry Fusion, the OP system would be far too slow so not cost effective. Does it remove more soil? probably, but I have no way of measuring the results. But what is the soiling problem in these premises? Predominantly beverage spillages. That, in my opinion, is the primary reason why most clients have a regular maintenance program for carpet cleaning. So, presuming that the OP machine produces a more effective clean, but is slower, would it benefit our clients? I think not. Would it cost them more money? I think so.

There is a long established argument about the long term effectiveness of generic bonnet cleaning. Many of you will of heard me tell this tale before, so please forgive the repitition. My client has a 40,000 sq.ft. office building. I have been maintaining the carpets here for over 15 years, 6 monthly visits, lowish quality nylon loop tiles. Significant beverage spillage problem. I originally used Prochem Bonnet Buff, but in recent years One Step. Stain removal results are excellent, visible soil levels are low, post cleaning/drying, the carpets look as though they're not dirty. Experience shows that if I'd used an advanced bonnet system such as Tex or D/F, then the carpets would look as though they'd been cleaned.  Can tou see the picture I'm trying to create? Anyway, to get back to my tale, client satisfaction is very high as the stains are removed and the carpet doesn't look dirty and the price is competitive. So I ask this question. Why should this client need to endure more disruption and cost if the system being used is effective, achieves the desired results, and maximises the useful life of the carpet?

As a footnote and useful example for comparison, the client above has a head office in London. Both offices were originally refurnshed at the same time with the same products. London did not have a maintenance program, Redditch did. London had to replace the flooring after 5 years because they did not have a maintenance program. So, is a properly executed bonnet only maintenace program effective? You can bet it is!

Safe and happy cleaningSmiley
Ken
Posted by Derek (Derek Bolton), 25 January 2004
Ho Ho...

I see that you fellows have resurrected the old chestnut yet again...  Out with the wooden spoon Derek ( I didn't realise that the impliment you stirred you tea with was an offensive word...I think you get my drift).. Wink Grin

I refer to putting the personal economics of your business before a 'clean' clean..

This just isn't going to go away.....   it may well be me but if I 'know' I could do better then I feel that I should.... after all that's what I am getting paid for.

Incidentally...I do agree the OP machine performed very well.

Derek
Posted by carpetmonsters (carpetmonsters), 25 January 2004
hi

the op demo i did at the nccawas mybe a bit short on infomation. the op carries out a deep clean thats why it takes time to clean a carpet with a pile. however when cleaning low profile carpets  ie carpet tiles as there is no place for soil  to hide the clean is far quicker. in the usa i know they have different carpets a truck mount system and a op machine was used side by side with the carpet haveing the required appearance there was no differance to the cleaning times. if you dont want to deep clean with a op you dont have to, but i will go over the carpet which on a normal front room after the carpet looks clean with about 4 pads still removeing soil.

i hope that makes sense

cheers

steve.

ps

i havent done a web site yet
Posted by allencarpetclean (allencarpetclean), 25 January 2004
I use Dry fusion and last week i purchased the restoration brush for it.
I have now got a machine that brushes in pre sprays bonnets and drys the carpets.

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.