Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

Carpet Cleaning Issues - Carpet construction, upholstery cleaning, stain removal, equipment, events, etc.

Recoil 3HP

Posted by williamx (williamx), 16 March 2004
Where can I find more information about a recoil 3hp machine.
Example

1  Dealers in Uk

2  Price

Posted by Ed_Valentine (Ed Valentine), 16 March 2004
RECOIL-3HP / Power Booster Systems:

Cleaning Support Ltd.

T: 01923-330034

mr. Robert McKane

Good Fortune to all;
Ed Valentine
Posted by lenpg (Len Gribble), 16 March 2004
On the 31st march at Watford this and other equipment are on demo, hope to see you there.

Len

Posted by Mike_Boxall (Mike_Boxall), 16 March 2004
Hi Ed

Can you confirm how many power leads the UK spec machines have? What is the total power consumption? I don't think we really got to the bottom of the power supply debate on the previous topic.

Regards

Mike
Posted by Fintan_Coll (Fintan_Coll), 16 March 2004
Just a silly question I suppose but does the Recoil have a vacuum guage, a water pressure guage and a temperature guage.
Posted by MB (Mark Betts), 17 March 2004
Yes and what about heatHuh

No good having all that vac and psi if you have to clean with luke warm water?

Mark

Posted by Nigel_W (Nigel_W), 17 March 2004
Fintan and Mark,

No Guages - so not a silly question. No heat as standard. I am using an Ashby's Steamate (400 psi) which works very well with the Recoil, even at full pressure.

Nigel
Posted by MB (Mark Betts), 18 March 2004
Hi Nigel

So you are saying that the machine needs 2 plugs to run the pump and vacs etc, and then if you want heat you have to use another socket.

I think I will ask Mick Halliday to knock me up one of his truckmounts from his garden shed (see www.cleantalk.co.uk) hahahahhaha

Only kidding will be interesting to see on the 31st.

Mark

Posted by mike_halliday (mike_halliday), 18 March 2004
on 2 powercords you can easily run 4 vac motors and 1hp pump. the problems with wanting heat is the amount of power needed with either heater elements or inline heaters, you need at least 3,000 watts so a separate power cord is needed

I use 2 cords,

1 runs the aquemount, pump & the diesal burner

the 2nd runs 2 x 3 stage vacs, although I have enough reserve power to add a further 3stage vac.

You'd be amazed how much you run of a single 15amp plug, its only the initial power spike as you turn on the machine that blows fuses, you just need to turn on everything seperately.

mike
Posted by John_Flynn (John_Flynn), 18 March 2004
From 1 power cord I run a Roots blower, 1000 psi pump and a Kerasone Burner never blown a fuse yet. But as Mike says the secret is how you turn the items on, also when I unplug my plug is NOT even warm, unlike the heater plug on the Ninja.
Posted by lenpg (Len Gribble), 18 March 2004
Sorry may be a silly question what voltage do the Americans use?

Len

Posted by Dynafoam (Dynafoam), 18 March 2004
Len,

It's 110 volts - Just imagine the sort of amperage their macines draw  Shocked

John.
Posted by lenpg (Len Gribble), 18 March 2004
Thanks John

Now all will think I’m thick why cant the American machines be imported without any modification to 240v that way cc over hear will save money the only extra they pay for is for a transformer.

Len

Posted by mike_halliday (mike_halliday), 18 March 2004
its to do with the hertz cycle, where on 50khz and the USA is on 60khz so a transformer would only solve the amp difference

ther spelling & the amounts are wrong but I'm sure you get the idea Wink

I could do the same as John and use one powercord (which I do on upholstery) but I like the extra vac the 2x3stage motors give so the other lead is worth it

Mike

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.