Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

Window Cleaning Issues - Canvassing, pole systems, pricing, problems, etc.

Ungar ErgoTec Squeegee

Posted by shinnyshinner (shinnyshinner), 14 October 2003
Hi all
Has anyone ever used the Unger ErgoTec squeegee and what did you think to them, I have always used the brass ettore squeegee and was thinking of giving the ergotec a trial.
Are the channels fixed to the handles ie by nut and bolt like the brass ones or are they quick release
and what do you think of them
Cheers for help Alan
Posted by Bones (Bones the Winda Kleena), 14 October 2003
Hello matey, as i've just started i bought a 10" and 18" ergotec (as they where on offer). I find them ok, but probably because they are the first things i've used. I got a hard an a soft rubber with it, as i did not know what the hell difference it made i chucked the hard one's in. yesterday i put the soft one's in and just could not get on with them Huh Huh Huh

They are quick release i think, well, i've just been unclipping them and pulling the chanel out.

Mikey
Hi mikey
You have learned well, soon we will call you the master
Thanks mate
Alan
Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Grin
Please guy's tell me what the diff is between hard and soft? and keep it "CLEAN" Roll Eyes  Grin
soft rubbers are used in colder weather and hard rubbers when it is hotter I use soft all year around
Alan

Posted by STEVE71163 (Steve Lowe), 14 October 2003
Hi Alan,
          I have tried them but i find the ettore super system the best  Grin

Steve
Hi steve
what are they like are they like the ettore brass ones
Alan
Hi Alan,
          No they are  black plasticky handles and they are longer than a standard handle for comfort and the head can move at angles which can be useful for pole work. They last ages! I have got some here that are probably 10 years old Grin

Steve
I have heard of them never took much notice can you fit any ettore channel in them, also is there a release button for the head for different angle  as well as quick release to change rubbers.
Alan
Posted by simonb (simonb), 14 October 2003
I think you guys are mixing up the squeegee with  the handle.
The handles are great, nice and comfortable and u can use any channel. Only drawback is that the plastic handles are soft so if u drop em they will scuff and become a bit rough on the hands.
Hi Alan,
          Yes you can use just normal channels in the handle which has a quick realise button. To move the head you just move it with your hand but it normally stays quite tight but occasionally i just tighten with a screwdriver. Cheesy

Steve
Posted by Majestic (Majestic), 14 October 2003
I use the Unger  as you dont have to mess about with end clips  Cool
Hi steve
I have always liked the brass ones but a while ago brought an ungers one chrome with black rubber handle, and along the channel loads of holes to reposition with the handle do you know what I mean only draw back I found that the rubber moved a lot as you dont put the brass clips in this one to secure the rubbers.
Strange how you get used to something
Alan
Hi Alan,
          Thats why i prefer to have end clips but i guess its one of those questions that different people will give you loads of different answers to according to what they are used to. Wink

Steve
the squeegee is it designed so if holds the rubber when locked in?
and you put end clips in the channel
Cheers alan
Posted by Rick (Rick), 14 October 2003
i got an ergo tec recently. i like them. the claw clasps the channel and there are these two teeth that bite into the rubber squeegee blade (also, it is impossible for the channel not to be in the exact centre possition, which is cool)

as for the guy asking about hard and soft blades. there is no noticeable difference aside from durability. hard blades last about 10000 times as long as soft ones, which last you til about lunchtime (literally) before they start leaving faint lines on the window. and when you turn them around, the blade is worn about a cm in from the edge, where the blade has been bent.

so yeah, there is no need for soft blades at all. they should be banned. just companies trying to make more money i suppose. a hard blade can last me at least several days or even a good week (some guys make them last an ENORMOUS length of time). and all that  about winter is complete bull
Posted by easycleanwindows (easycleanwindows), 19 October 2003
soft blades for contoured glass and for winter hard blades for the summer and large flat surfaces

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.