Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

Carpet Cleaning Issues - Carpet construction, upholstery cleaning, stain removal, equipment, events, etc.

I think it's a WalkAway!!!!

Posted by Tony_Browning (Tony_Browning), 13 November 2003
Howdee,
Just visited a village pub with a view to quoting to clean bar carpet...seagrass....terribly soiled...I feel a bit obligated as a customer recomended me...what dyall think?
(After seeing past comments it does not look promising)
Kind Rgds
Tony  Huh
Posted by woodman (woodman), 13 November 2003
I think your right,

Walk away and keep walking Smiley

Posted by Ivar_Haglund (Ivar_Haglund), 13 November 2003
Cry Cry Cry Cry

Are you sure it's seagrass

what IDIOT put that type of carpet in a Pub

WalkAway

RUN FOREST RUN

IVAR Roll Eyes
Posted by Glynn (Glynn), 13 November 2003
Never seen that in a pub !
leave it alone,, or at the very least a full disclaimer signed.

Regards

Glynn
Posted by paul@ctcs (paul@ctcs), 13 November 2003
what is sea grass? ive never heard of it before.
Posted by Ken_Wainwright (Ken Wainwright), 13 November 2003
Seagrass is a vegetable product,  as is coir and jute.

If I were to come across this type of carpet in a pub, I wouldn't walk away, I'd be tripping over my zimmer frame as I tried to run out the door Wink
Posted by Mr._One_Step (Steve Carpenter), 13 November 2003
I’ve seen it in nightclubs and been asked to clean it! I refused and told them to throw it away.

Regards

Steve

Posted by pre-vac_Nick (pre-vac_Nick), 13 November 2003
Bar carpet? sea grass?  hope it was fire proof!! imagine just one fagbutt would send the place burning to the ground?!! Shocked  Shocked  Shocked
tell them its a fire hazard and run
Posted by Ken_Wainwright (Ken Wainwright), 14 November 2003
Re fire hazard with veggy fibre carpets. Many, many years ago, a local publican had bought a cheap carpet lot off a visiting lorry. Big pub, about 300 Msq. It was a sisal woven carpet, pinks, reds and lots of white. Within 2 weeks it was filthy. But he didn't call me in to clean it, but to apply flame retardent. Dropped ciggy buts were burning holes in the carpet. His fitter was there every other day with a cookie cutter. One burn had been smouldering overnight. It had grown to the size of a dinner plate. Underlay had gone with it. But the carpet didn't catch fire. I was told that it was because the heat was rising away from the carpet, not across or down. The consultant  I brought in to advise was Rod Cope, he advised me to walk away. I ran. He advised the publican to replace. He sold out to a small chain.

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.