Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

Carpet Cleaning Issues - Carpet construction, upholstery cleaning, stain removal, equipment, events, etc.

MICROBAN

Posted by MICHAEL_GAYTON (MICHAEL_GAYTON), 20 February 2004
I have been using Microban(disinfectant ) for a few years is there any body using it as well and what are your views!
Posted by lenpg (Len Gribble), 20 February 2004
Hi Michael

Excuse my ignorance what are you using Microban(disinfectant ) for?

Len

Posted by Dynafoam (Dynafoam), 20 February 2004
Michael,

I was chatting to a microbiologist a couple of years ago on the subject of microban.

He considered widespread use of it to be dangerouse because of the way that it works. Apparently it functions in a way similar to antibiotics and the fear is that strains of bacteria will develop with an immunity, such as has produce the 'hospital superbug'.

The problem is exasserbated by the fact that this product is incorporated into a variety of catering equipment (plastic chopping boards etc.) and catering cleaning chemicals. Should the 'superbug' develop, users of the products may think they are sterilising when in fact they are not.

I'm no expert but I decided to give it a miss, just in case.

John.
John

Should we reach for the BLEACH? I hope not! Now the problem arises what do people think is safe.

Len

Len,

Perhaps we should reach for the steam - they can't develop a resistance to that !

John.

John

I agree but some one will come back and say that’s not safe, I remember years ago English breakfast is bad then a few years later it’s good for the brain not that I have one. Am waiting for Michaels reply.

Len

on 02/20/04 at 21:30:48, Len Gribble wrote:
John

I remember years ago English breakfast is bad then a few years later it’s good for the brain ..........
Len

Cripes, Len, then I hope my brain is growing as fast as my waistline  Grin

John.
Grin
John

Brain getting smaller wallet getting bigger for get the midriff.

Len

Posted by Dynafoam (Dynafoam), 21 February 2004
Young Len,

If it was only the brain...............

Old John.

Posted by MICHAEL_GAYTON (MICHAEL_GAYTON), 22 February 2004
Hi Len sorry about delay working long hours this weekend. I use it for oder problems like pet and also
urine after the clean i may inject some in to the backing to kill bacteria(oder) .some times if i have an area of carpet be  subject to contamination like black water etc
oil / vomit / blood
mick

Posted by lenpg (Len Gribble), 22 February 2004
Mike

Thanks

Len

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.