Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

Window Cleaning Issues - Canvassing, pole systems, pricing, problems, etc.

Vehicle Signs

Posted by shinnyshinner (shinnyshinner), 30 October 2003
I have just ordered myself a set of magnetic signs to go on the van the company where I ordered them where really good should get design mid next week.
What signs and designs do you guys have?
Anyone with magnetic ones?
Do they stay on ok?
Do they keep colour ok with the weather?
Do they need any treatment?
Anyone advertise any federations etc.

Cheers
Alan

Posted by matt (matt), 30 October 2003
being from a building background, i have heard over a long time they can cause the van to rust around the edges of the sign

my guess is the edges rub as the van gets warm in the summer etc, the metal will expand, thus cause the edges to run into the paint work  Cry

dont know if there is a trick to stop this Huh??

Posted by STEVE71163 (Steve Lowe), 30 October 2003
Hi Alan
         I had some of these signs on a van of mine for about five years and found them very good. No problems at all Smiley

Steve
Posted by shinnyshinner (shinnyshinner), 30 October 2003
Hi Steve and matt.
Cheers for replies.
When I spoke to the guy who is designing the signs he did mention that, at least once a week to remove the signs wash the signs both sides and wax the area to where they will be stuck onto. Perhaps this is something to do with what you was saying Matt.
Cheers Guys
Alan
Posted by Bones (Bones the Winda Kleena), 30 October 2003
Alan, As you know i got some of the magnetic one's (they just appeared on my motor somehow  Wink ) I think their the dog's Go-Nads as i can take em off and chuck them on the family car when we go out with the kids, (mrs don't go much on that tho Undecided )

Thanx for the advice on the wax etc, i'll do that from now on.

Mikey
Posted by STEVE71163 (Steve Lowe), 31 October 2003
Hi Alan
         Yes i did take them off each week when i washed my van and about once a month i used mer car polish and i never had any problems Wink

Steve
Posted by easycleanwindows (easycleanwindows), 31 October 2003
hi alan have all of van signed excellent price if youd like me to email you photo then will do

steve
Posted by shinnyshinner (shinnyshinner), 31 October 2003
Hi easycleanwindows
My email address is
Alscleaningserv@aol.com.
Thank you

Alan
Posted by shinnyshinner (shinnyshinner), 31 October 2003
Hi Steve
You cant beat Mer I use it on the van and my car (or her car)
Excellent stuff

Cheers
Alan
Posted by STEVE71163 (Steve Lowe), 1 November 2003
Hi Alan
         Where did you order your signs from Huh

Steve
Posted by STEVE71163 (Steve Lowe), 1 November 2003
Sorry Alan,
               Forgot to ask. Have they got a website Huh

Steve
Posted by samm (samm), 3 November 2003
I have some magnetics, before that signs stuck on the van,  but bought new van so lost them, I think magnetics are defnitely the best option as everyone saidu can take them off and what not.
washing them your fine to wash with them on and I only wash underneath every 3 months
Posted by shinnyshinner (shinnyshinner), 3 November 2003
Hi Steve.
Sorry about delay.
No they dont have a web site only contacted through email of phone/fax.
But can do distance work give them a idea by email/fax and they send you the finished design, if you like they send by courier.
I'll dig out email & number if you want it, 4ft by 2ft £60+vat I thought cheap. They can do cheaper though.

Cheers mate
Alan
Hi Samm

Thank you for your reply with the signs.
I think the magnetic ones are better.
When you sold your van did you have to remove the signs? I heard by law you can not sell with signs on. Is this trueHuh?
Thanks again mate

Alan
Posted by STEVE71163 (Steve Lowe), 3 November 2003
Hi Alan
         Thanks for replying. Let me know what you think when you get them . I would be interested to know what they are like Huh

Steve
Hi steve
No probs I will email you a picture when they are finished.
Cheers
Alan
hello alan,
I never new you had to remove the signs Huh makes sense though I suppose, It was old and I d been waiting for an excuse for a new one so was going to scrap it, put a sign saying awaiting collection and someone I do windows for pulled up said can they buy it to use on their farm to drive round and feed cows or something.
he said its never gonna go off the farm and when it dies scrap it so I left signs on, bar 2 P's I peeled off and its still going round each mourning now,
Oh well I spose they cant jail me for it Cool,

sam

I f I was selling my old van I would definetly remove them, If a boy racer or random nutter bought it I imagine I would get plenty of calls, but not for windows Grin
Posted by STEVE71163 (Steve Lowe), 8 November 2003
Hi Alan,
          Did you get your Magnetic signs Huh

Steve

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.