Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

Window Cleaning Issues - Canvassing, pole systems, pricing, problems, etc.

What's been your biggest tip?

Posted by simonb (simonb), 28 December 2003
Mine was £20 and the job was only worth £20 !
Posted by matt (matt), 28 December 2003
i had 7 people give me a tenner Smiley

but i cannot beat 20 Sad
Posted by matt (matt), 28 December 2003
oh also had 14 quid tip
Posted by s.hughes (s.hughes), 29 December 2003
I cleaned the inside of a customers 1 year & cause it was raining they told me not to bother with the outside & they still paid me the amount for the whole job which was at the time a full days work. So you could say that my biggest tip was £50

Posted by Majestic (Majestic), 29 December 2003
I clean the windows of a elderly couple who go to Spain for the winter , they go in September, and come back in June . The job is monthly and I charge them £9.00, they pay me in September for the months they are away. They send me a card to let me know when they are coming back  so I can have the windows clean for them , they insist on paying me for the time they are away as they have tried for years to get a good , window cleaner , and now they have one they want to keep me . Grin Cool
Posted by matt (matt), 29 December 2003
i have some1 who paid us while he was away in spain Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy...of course we did ti while he was away  Roll Eyes
Posted by The_Fed_Man (The_Fed_Man), 29 December 2003
One of my window cleaners this year got a colour television, not that old, perfect nick!  I thought that was pretty cool and so did he.
Posted by Cov_Cleaner (Cov_Cleaner), 10 January 2004
on 12/29/03 at 23:01:23, The_Fed_Man wrote:
One of my window cleaners this year got a colour television, not that old, perfect nick!  I thought that was pretty cool and so did he.

Very nice and very few cleaners would say no, including myself (I'm also now in the TV/Video trade)

However, it's a sharp reminder of the lack of credibility in general towards the window cleaning industry. Would they offer it to the Plumber?!

In the early years one nice old lady said: "It's nice your doing well, it keeps you off the streets"!!

Back to topic: £5 is my maximum tip

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.