Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

Window Cleaning Issues - Canvassing, pole systems, pricing, problems, etc.

what is wrong with you w/cleaners out there

Posted by tam (tam), 6 April 2004
I know that this site is for W/ Cleaners but what does this site do for W/cleaners. Being nice to each other, get information, and stab him in the back. It is just  a site for airing your personal discrepanses,(spelling) and slaging off the opposition trying to extract info from the opposition, being nice, its a good job that we all dont live next  door to each otherwise we would be at war.    
Posted by Silly_Philly (Philip Hanson), 7 April 2004
I'm sorry Tam, I dont follow.

Who are we stabbing in the back?  And what "opposition" are we slagging off?

The idea is, we exchange ideas and information, and I think thats a pretty good thing.  I certainy have benefitted from this exchange and I'm sure others have too.

If you have a complaint about another member, or perhaps you have had an abusive comment made to you personally that I havent seen, please PM me and I'll do my very best to resolve the issue.

-Philip
Posted by replacement (Justin R), 7 April 2004
Goto say if it was not for these fourms and others i would not be where i am today.

Justin
Posted by choice.clean (choice.clean), 7 April 2004
window cleaning can be a very frustrating and lonely job and it's good to be able to get some feedback from other cleaners. even if sometimes you don't like there viewpoint i've learnt a lot from snippits on this site already thanks everyone
Posted by Mike_Boxall (Mike_Boxall), 7 April 2004
Thats a strange post Tam Huh

I'm not quite sure what you're getting at either?

Regards

Mike
Posted by fez (fez), 7 April 2004
This forum (and others) provides us with a wealth of information about window cleaning products and techniques that has given me no end of help during the past year. It has helped me focus on aspects of my business that I hadn't even thought about.

I also hope that during the course of that time, I have been able to return the favour by passing on tips and information of my own to others - including those just starting out.

The way I see it is that we are all in this business together in a small way. I certainly don't view other forum users as "opposition" as you put it. After all there is plenty of work for everyone and communication like this can only be a good thing.  Smiley
Posted by simonb (simonb), 7 April 2004
T      erribly
A      ngry
M      ate?

Mr Angry never got anwhere he just foamed at the mouth. I expect he used too much fairy liquid!

Simon
Posted by seanc (seanc), 7 April 2004
i have had loads of help from other w/cleaners on this site and thanks to everyone who has posted hear i have noticed postings are dropping how ever.
if tam has come across a problem it should rightfully be looked in to haveing said that i have not come accross any pronlems
Posted by tam (tam), 7 April 2004
Sorry guys, I just had a bee in my bonnet last night. In the pub too long yesterday. Got talking to a couple of u/licenced w/cleaners got a bit heated, but I survived. Came on line and bleathered rubbish.
Posted by simonb (simonb), 7 April 2004
Buy us all a round and we'll forget it!
Posted by replacement (Justin R), 7 April 2004
Just had a chat to the one of the wc'ers in the same town as i am, i am now doing his conservatory roof after easter. His going to pass work onto me and ill do the same if i dont want it. I think its better working together than against each other.

End of the day theres more than enough windows out there to be cleaned.

Justin
Posted by The_Fed_Man (The_Fed_Man), 7 April 2004
I know Tam personally and I can say he cares about the Industry and gives something back regularly.  

I can understand why arrogant unlicenced window cleaners might rub him up the wrong way, but unless you have some ethics and emotion you're not going to care. Goes with the territory.
Posted by D.Salkeld_Ltd (D.Salkeld_Ltd), 7 April 2004
Tam Mate

I know how you feel, there are a few of them cowboys inevery town.  In my experience the CUSTOMER will decide on the most honest tradesperson to go round their home. At the end of the day the cowboys will lose.

David

Posted by riz (riz), 7 April 2004
I must say that its sad to see a federation boss submitting posts in that manner. it paints a sad picture. Sad
Regards

Riz
Posted by tam (tam), 7 April 2004
Riz, you must be one of a kind, I have never met anyone in my life who has never said or done anything that they regret. Good on you mate, they must have broke the mold when they made you.
I will kill two birds with one stone and reply to your other post. How do you define the "FED" as a sticker company. It has done more for w/cleaners in the last 3 years than any other organisation in the UK. If you were a member you would know all the facts. If it was not for the "FED" all you one man bands would be forced out of business because of the new European Regulations. It is a pity that the "FED" has done this in a way because, it not only benifits our members,it benifits people like you sit in judgement and bump your gums about an organisation you know nothing about. It would pay you to find out about the "FED" before you start running it down.
Posted by samm (samm), 8 April 2004
tam's loosing it again Grin
Posted by Silly_Philly (Philip Hanson), 8 April 2004
I'm sure we can all find it in our hearts to accept Tam's apology and let the matter rest.

-Philip
Posted by riz (riz), 8 April 2004
Tam,

I did not need to run it down. you have done that yourself mate! How do you justify calling people "unlicensed cowboys"? I can not see us agreeing on anything here!! Wink so can we get back to friendly advice and tip's plz?

Grin
Posted by WavieDavie (WavieDavie), 8 April 2004
OK, here's some friendly advice . . .

Join up now at £50 cos it's going up to £58 in July!

Comparative Subs . . .

National Carpet Cleaners Assoc  £255
Painters & Decorators Assoc  £200
British Joiners Assoc  £315
Fed of Plaster & Drywall Cont (ractors?)  £470

Membership Benefits . . .

Association Credibility
Personal ID Card
Use of Fed logo on stationery & vehicles
Quarterly Trade Mag
Public Liability Scheme
Tailored Personal Accident & Sickness Scheme
DAS Legal Help Line
Discounted Equipment
Corporate Advertising - Yellow Pages
Training & Trade Information & Guidance
Free Entry Trade Show (PLUS Window Cleaning Competition - surely worth £50 for a chance to knock off Terry Burrows's crown - if you can!)
Free Sub to Cleaning & Maintenance Mag
Tender List - Council / Agency area list requests
Group Accident Cover

Now some of these might be of use to you, they might not, but I think we should all want to put something back in, instead of taking. Or even giving nothing at all in the first place.

Rant over - come on, move along there, nothing to see here, it's all finished now.

Posted by tam (tam), 9 April 2004
Cheers. Wavie.
Posted by WavieDavie (WavieDavie), 9 April 2004
Nae problem Tam.

Ur ye minding yer wee proamise aboot sendin ower thon safety awareness coorse stuff tae ma side o the Forth sir?

Dovit
Posted by Willy (Willy), 11 April 2004
TOP Rant Tam! Tongue  
And very honest apology; Since we are all on here to help each other, and this job can be isolated, why not come on and sound off if you have to. If you worked with a group of lads you'd have been ranting and raving all day about it. Get it off your chest and then get on with it is what I say.  GOOD MAN! 

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.