Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

Carpet Cleaning Issues - Carpet construction, upholstery cleaning, stain removal, equipment, events, etc.

Texatherm System.... Advice Please

Posted by kcs (Marbles), 24 January 2004
Been in contract cleaning for a few years now but declined the few offers to clean carpets until now. Client enquiries are on the increase so now looking at machines. I am impressed with the sales literature of the Texatherm system.

Have any of you out there used or had or know of experiences of this machine?

Would appreciate your posts!!

Cheers!

Andrew
Posted by mark_roberts (mark_roberts), 24 January 2004
Hi Andrew

I've got the Texatherm system and am very happy with it.  I use it on low profile commercial carpet only and it does an excellant job.  I'm not convinced its as thorough as HWE on residential type carpet.

You should also check out dry fusion as its very similar except it has a protector although how effective this is on polypropolene/nylon carpets I'm not so sure.

Feel free to ask any more questions.

Mark Roberts

PS. the best way to get a feel for this system is to use it on one of your existing accounts and compare it with whatever you have been using before.  You'll be very pleasently surprised.
Posted by Northerclean (Alex), 24 January 2004
Andrew,

I had a guy come give me a demo a few months back I was completely unimpressed with the clean, i agree with the Texatherm sales guy that it was fast but my customer would be unhappy with my service.
i think this machine is only good for speed on maintenance programs.

Mark, what do you think?

Alex
Posted by Ken_Wainwright (Ken Wainwright), 24 January 2004
Hi Andrew

Today, I've just finished cleaning some office carpet tiles with Dry Fusion. My one colleague is a T/M user who also uses Dry Fusion. My other colleague who was with us was absolutely gobsmacked by the results, and he too uses a T/M (Prochem Performer). These carpets have never been maintained (well not that we could tell anyway), I would class the soiling level as being high, perhaps 5 years or more soiling,  plus the added problem of a major internal flood. In these circumstances, ie low profile office carpets and tiles, these advanced low moisture systems are at their best, and quite often will deliver the highest degree of customer satisfaction over all other systems. I may be biased, but I feel that the Dry Fusion System is the best, but Texatherm is exceptionally good too. You can't go wrong with either.

Safe and happy cleaningSmiley
Ken
Posted by Dave_Lee (Dave_Lee), 24 January 2004
A little bird told me recently of a high profile TM user, who did a rather large job and the client was not happy with the result. He very reluctantly called for the assistance of a Dry Fusion operator, who saved his bacon. Wonder who & who?
Dave.
Posted by lee_gundry (lee_gundry), 24 January 2004
dave
do you know moreHuhHuhHuhHuh

you cannot only tell us half a story.

i to have heard a similar story.

But WHO saved WHO

Lee
Posted by lenpg (Len Gribble), 24 January 2004
Smiley
I see a lot of discussions regarding Dry Fusion/ Texatherm.  Can any one advise, is if this systems any good for Pubs, working mans clubs, etc who rarely have their carpets cleaned, is it cost effective, quick say as a tm/portable?

Can you supply their web page?

Len

Posted by Glynn (Glynn), 24 January 2004
http://www.dryfusionuk.com/aboutus.php

http://www.texatherm.co.uk/

Regards

Glynn
Posted by lenpg (Len Gribble), 25 January 2004
Smiley
Hi Glynn

Thanks

Len

Posted by kcs (Marbles), 26 January 2004
Thanks to all the posties on this thread and the other re Texatherm. Given me plenty to think about.

Have a demo from Texatherm on wednesday so i will put some of your notes to the sales director and post them here on my return.

Cheers!!

Andrew
Posted by Dave_Lee (Dave_Lee), 26 January 2004
Lee,
Sorry, little bird would not say who or who. Lets face it,those of us who have been around for a bit, will have at some time made the odd mistake or two and hopefully have been humble enough to hold ones hands up to it. I am in my 25 th year of business now and still listen to others opinions ideas etc. The way the episode was put across to me, was that it involved a high profile TM operator who thought he knew it all - obviously hes just found out, hes like the rest of us after all - and doesnt!
Dave.

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.