Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

Carpet Cleaning Issues - Carpet construction, upholstery cleaning, stain removal, equipment, events, etc.

Ultra Sonic Blind Cleaning

Posted by woodman (woodman), 12 September 2003
I have been looking into ultra sonics lately particularly blind cleaning and smoke restoration and have been very pleased with what i have seen so far.
I know it's in its infancy in this country but this is huge business in the states.

Has anybody else or does any body else carry out this type of cleaning as either a bolt on or as a main business and how are you doing in your marketing of the blind cleaning to offices etc.( I have never seen a more speedy and effective  system for cleaning vertical and venetian blinds ,amazing)

I have been invited by one of the major produces of the equipment in the states to attend a course so any feed back would be appreciated before I make up my mind.
Posted by woodman (woodman), 15 September 2003
Judging by the response,
obviously it's un heard off over here Grin
Posted by STEVE71163 (Steve Lowe), 15 September 2003
Where do you get these machines because i would not mind looking at them Huh We have always taken venetian blinds down and hosed them off outside and then cleaned them up afterwards but that seems to take ages Cry

Steve Lowe
Posted by woodman (woodman), 15 September 2003
Hi Steve

I know what you mean it's a real messy time consuming business which is why I have avoided it in the main.

Ultra Sonics is nothing new it's been around for years,they just havn't been used in the domestic/office cleaning field up to now. jewellers use them to clean items.
Machine parts can also be cleaned using the same method.
As for blind cleaning the machines in the main come from the states I have not been able to make contact in this country with a reliable supplier.
They come in 6ft,8ft and 12ft lengths you simply place the blind in the machine turn on  and 60 seconds later they are clean and ready to be rehung.
Be warned the machines start at around 6K and can go upto 18k, not a cheap piece of equipment so you have to have the contracts to make it pay.
Any thing can be cleaned using this method even computers,tv's dvd's etc its an amazing bit of kit.
I will post a few web sites addresses once I can lay my hands on them.The company I have been talking to is Morantz again bases in the states.

Posted by Musicman (Musicman), 15 September 2003
I'm not sure if it's the same thing but I've used (via a sub-contractor) ultrasonics for cleaning metal louvred light fittings.

Having seen other cleaning contractors use water and washing up liquid to clean them (one guy actually took his kids paddling pool to wash them in!!) - and seen all the drip marks that are left, ultrasonics is the best method by far.

To justify the cost involved there were some 500 such light fittings.

The process involved cleaning in an ultrasonic bath, rinsing (I think with de-ionised water), and drying with an industrial blower.

A tip to anyone handling such louvres - always use cotton gloves when handling them, your fingertips produce a mild acid that burns into the surface - it will not come out!!!
Thanks woodman. When you get any websites or info i look forward to your post Smiley

Steve Lowe
Posted by catrodney (catrodney), 15 September 2003
Hi Steve Lowe,Woodman,Musicman,
Having read your posts the following company maybe of help to you all,www.washroomcleaning.com browsing their web site, strange you might think but i only discovered them  as my web site is www.washroomcleaningcouk.co.uk anyway they seem to be advertising a blind cleaning machine for sale,if not the right thing please dont shout at me.
cheers guys,
catrodney (Tim)
Thanks for that!  I will take a look. Smiley

Steve Lowe
Posted by woodman (woodman), 18 September 2003
Hi Steve

Couple of web sites that might be of interest.

www.morantz.com
www.hangandshine.com
www.hessonic.com

Hope it's of help Wink
Posted by Terry_Burrows (Terry_Burrows), 18 September 2003
Wink my pal who I do a lot of work for has one of the
ultra sonic machines,they are very good he got this from the states,a long time agohe paid £10,000 then!but are worth it! Smiley

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.