Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

Carpet Cleaning Issues - Carpet construction, upholstery cleaning, stain removal, equipment, events, etc.

Chinese herbal tea

Posted by lenpg (Len Gribble), 10 February 2004
Undecided
Received a call from a lady today, her husband had split a cup of Chinese herbal tea on there, off white pure wool carpet turning it chocolate brown, she called in the organisation who stain guarded for them (which she says it under their insurance guarantee) and now it green in colour.

As have I’ve helped her in the past and removed the marks/stains, which the other organisation left or could, not get out (I do get her to sign a disclaimer)

Any help will be appreciated, never come across this type of stain.

Len

Posted by tony-eaglescliffe (tony harrison), 10 February 2004
Len,

Just a thought if you get the chance to have a go at trying to remove the green stain, apply fibre & fabric rinse to the stained area and dry it.

It sounds like a process which I use regular I apply a product called Sensation  to the stain it then turns a vivid green, then I apply the fibre & fabric rinse ( acetic acid ).

Hope this will help you.

Regards Tony Harrison
Posted by Derek (Derek Bolton), 10 February 2004
Len

BEFORE...you go and have a go ....your customer must give the other people a chance to rectify the problem.

If you go in now you take on the full responsibility for the carpet..BEWARE!

Just stick to non-active assistance at this stage of the game

Regards
Derek
Posted by lenpg (Len Gribble), 10 February 2004
Wink
Thank Tony

Hi Derek

My thoughts exactly

Thanks

Len

Posted by Ivar_Haglund (Ivar_Haglund), 11 February 2004
add sugar to the stain  and extract with hot water and lemon juice.

sorry best I could come up with

IVAR Tongue Tongue Shocked
Posted by squeaky (squeaky), 11 February 2004
I have used distilled white vinegar to remove tea stains in the past and if this has not worked shaving foam rubbed in and then rinsed off left to dry and vacuum up .
Both of these have worked in the past but I always try conventional methods first .

Craftex 'Shift' is very good.

mark

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.