Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

Window Cleaning Issues - Canvassing, pole systems, pricing, problems, etc.

I have used GG3 today for the first time

Posted by matt (matt), 29 September 2003
i used GG3 i have ordered GG4 (i didnt know 1 was soft and the other hard water, i live in a hard water area)

I know people have said to give it a few weeks to get used to it

This morning i found it very hard to use, but got the hang of it now i guess

BUT

I still have to wipe around the outside edge of the glass Sad, i was under the impression  "Water actually draws away from the edges", this is the case but its only 1 or 2 mm, thus you still need to wipe around, thus meaning a window takes twice the time

Posted by STEVE71163 (Steve Lowe), 29 September 2003
Hi Matt,
          Has your squeegee rubber been changed lately as that makes a great deal of difference Huh I find that with a new rubber and GG4 i dont have to touch the glass at all.

Steve Lowe
funny you should ask that,

NO its not been changed for a while, more than 3 months (i only work 3 days a week though)

BUT

my last house today had some old wooden lean-to thing, and i took a notch out of my rubber, so its changed for tomorrow Smiley

Posted by STEVE71163 (Steve Lowe), 29 September 2003
Hi Matt,
          I bet you will notice a difference after changing the rubber. Cheesy  I change it every other day Grin

Steve Lowe
steve,

out of interest, which do you prefere :

hard
or
soft

oooooeeeeerrr mrs

squeegee rubber i mean  Grin
Posted by STEVE71163 (Steve Lowe), 30 September 2003
Hi Matt,
          I use ettore rubbers. Grin

Steve Lowe
Hi Matt,
          Even if i worked 3 days a week i would change it at least each week because you will save loads of time with less detailing. Grin

Steve Lowe
Posted by matt (matt), 30 September 2003
will try it next week Smiley

this week i am scrim cloth all the time, the whole estate have small 6" windows Sad
Posted by gibbouk (gibbouk), 30 September 2003
i have just started using gg4 and i love it cuts down so much time, i stopped and wondered if i had missed some windows. tries it in a pub today cut through all the smoke and rubbish on their windows.
Where do you guys get your GG4 from Huh I was looking at wintecs site today and it was about £40 a bottle Huh I got mine from the NFMWGC and it was about £22+vat Cheesy

Steve Lowe
Posted by Londoner (Londoner), 1 October 2003
What is this GG3 and GG4?
I have never heard of it. I use sqeegiee off. Am I missing out on something? They sell sqeegee off in B+Q
and I have no particular problem with it. One teaspoon to a half bucket of hot water works fine.
Steve is right about the rubbers though. Old rubbers cost you time and money, change often.
Posted by steve_massey (steve_massey), 2 October 2003
I buy my G4 from www.scrmcity.com its £20+vat .
They do a online ordering service the order has been spot on every time.

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.