Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

Starting a window cleaning business - Equipment you need, suppliers to use and trade organisations to join, etc.

PL insurance

Posted by exterioruk (exterioruk), 31 January 2004
just starting up and need to get some insurance, where is the best place you all have found, and also how much is it going to set me back, theres two of us, work res mostly , any ideas please.

dan
Posted by STEVE71163 (Steve Lowe), 31 January 2004
Hi Dan
         I get my insurance through the NFMWGC and they seem to have arranged a really good deal. Here is their website

http://www.nfmwgc.com/

Hope this helps

Steve
Posted by mickeyfat (VGC), 31 January 2004
i pay 85 a year and that just for my ladder work(its all i have)
no cherrypickers etc..
just read on the nat fed site and they cover property being worked on...my does not...so i will be interested to find out how much it is with them

how do you work it with two of you then...i tried it once and i needed el...unless the chap that was with me was a partner in the business
i could get pl for him but he was only covered on HIS window cleaning round ..not mine? and seen as he was self employed but didnt have a round he was buggered ...we looked into me subbing out work..but then in thoses days accountants were needed for it all and i couldnt afford it...since then i been on my own but have been thinking of getting a helper to go out .....anyonoe know the simplest way of doing this....as i said before i dont like the idea of paying loads of insurences out ...so thats why i just have me and my pl........... Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh
Posted by STEVE71163 (Steve Lowe), 31 January 2004
on 01/31/04 at 15:15:46, VGC wrote:
just read on the nat fed site and they cover property being worked on...my does not...so i will be interested to find out how much it is with them

Hi VGC
         If i remember rightly it also covers the ladders on your van overnight if they are locked on correctly Wink

Steve

Posted by mickeyfat (VGC), 31 January 2004
Cool

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.