Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

Window Cleaning Issues - Canvassing, pole systems, pricing, problems, etc.

new areas

Posted by p_and_j_cleaning (p_and_j_cleaning), 3 March 2004
How do you canvas a new area if you know there are W/Cs working it.
Theres always work to be picked up in these areas,
i dont want to step on anyones toes but i do need more work to make it worth going to areas that i only do only 1 or 2 houses.
I work in the sticks so its all villages about 3 to 7 miles apart, i know there is work out there HOW DO I GET IT
H E L P please
                         pete
Posted by simonb (simonb), 4 March 2004
Canvass but make it clear u are not poaching.
Ask if they have a cleaner if so move on.
DON'T try to undercut by asking what he charges etc
People who are happy will stay loyal so existing cleaner has nothing to worry about.

I am quite happy for anyone to canvass my customers because they like me.

Even guys that undercut me get nowhere and anyone who moves on price is not worth keeping

Posted by poleman (PoleMan), 4 March 2004
if you go in a road and the windows are dirty then you no they dont have a window cleaner, well good starting point to canvass.

andy

dorset

fed memebr
Posted by anderclean (anderclean), 4 March 2004
Pete

it's not very often you'll find a road or area that hasn't got a window cleaner of some sort going there.
Like you said there'll still be houses and work there for you.
Be professional.......... you're not after some else's work - unless there no good and the cutomer tells you so.
Never under price another shiner,....... I always charge more.
You've got to look for the work, - if you sit at home and wait for it to come to you - it'll never happen.
You're building a business - not looking for beer money.

Good luck
Rob

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.