Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

Carpet Cleaning Issues - Carpet construction, upholstery cleaning, stain removal, equipment, events, etc.

Karcher Puzzi 100 advice please

Posted by Brook (Brook), 24 January 2004
Hi all,
A friend of mine is considering purchasing the above spray extraction machine for use in his small hotel/pub, would you consider this an adequate machine for the price (£325) or do you recommend something else?
His budget is around £300-£350.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Regards,
Paul.
Posted by John_Flynn (John_Flynn), 24 January 2004
I use a Puzzi 100 for spotting,  I would never attempt a carpet cleaning job with it!!!
Posted by lee_gundry (lee_gundry), 24 January 2004
i don,t know the spec of the unit,but as a guide you really need a minimum of

2*    3 stage vacs
100 psi pump
heater
also for commercial use i would recomend some kind of power brush/head.

Lee G
Posted by Ken_Wainwright (Ken Wainwright), 24 January 2004
I used to have a couple of Karcher Puzzi's many years ago for hiring out. To be realistic, your friend would be OK to use it for keeping the bedrooms clean in the hotel, but not for getting them clean. If there are enough bedrooms, it could pay for itself. Elsewhere, it could be used for spots and spillages, but is not suitable for use in high use/soiled areas.  The carpets would be overwet, with subsequent H&S issues as well as the risk of shrinkage on wovens, and stretch/delamination risk on tufteds. As with professionals, it is essential that he pre-vacs SLOWLY first with a good quality upright vac.

Safe and happy cleaningSmiley
Ken

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.