Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

Window Cleaning Issues - Canvassing, pole systems, pricing, problems, etc.

pricing up commercial work

Posted by cleaner_windows (cleaner_windows), 8 February 2004
All my trade at the moment is residential,but was recently contacted by a small primary school.
Could anyone give me any guidelines as to how to price up the job i.e;per hour or overall job.
Also how to deal with payment off of local authorities.
Many thanks
mark in the southwest.
Posted by mogs (mogs), 8 February 2004
estimate how long it will take u then chrge 25 to 30 pound an hour

Posted by jake (jake), 8 February 2004
mark

I would think you would deal directly with the headmaster/mistress as they usually run the school budget, good luck with it.

jake   (westclean)
Posted by cleaner_windows (cleaner_windows), 8 February 2004
Cheers Jake
I think its the deputy i'm dealing with.
mark
Posted by WavieDavie (WavieDavie), 9 February 2004
We don't  deal with council work, because 1) they want everything done every six months, and 2) they're not the promptest of payers - if you know what I mean. Contact the Head and ask what their payment procedures are. If they pay their own invoices on time - fair enough. If your invoices are passed on to the local council - just walk away, these guys take 6 months to pay.
However, if you want to factor this in - tell them your (increased) price includes a late payment surcharge and you'll give them a discount if they pay on time.

But I didn't say that - right?
Posted by Diamond_Vision (Jeff Brimble), 9 February 2004
You will ned minimum of 5 million £ public liability insurance.

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.