Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

Carpet Cleaning Issues - Carpet construction, upholstery cleaning, stain removal, equipment, events, etc.

Re: Upholstery Tool - Best One?

Posted by Nigel_W (Nigel_W), 22 January 2004
Chris,

I have tried the following:

kleenrite
drimaster (hydramaster)
pmf dry tool (both versions)
Prochem deluxe upholstery tool
ultimate pb111 upholstery tool
various open jet generic tools acquired along the way.
CFR tool.

I currently only use the CFR. The rest are sold/given away or collecting dust.

I can use the CFR with the truck or portable and by swapping the inter-changeable jet it can go from ultra dry to flood wet clean. Very versatile. Its a bit awkward to use at first but becomes quite natural after a few uses. I have also got the 7 inch head for mine which is great for cleaning the backs and sides of huge sofa units.

Nigel

Posted by Dave_Parry (Dave Parry), 22 January 2004
Chris I notice you tried the Drimaster, What was the problem with it? I am getting a boxxer from hydramaster next month and was thinking of getting a Drimaster to use with it.
Posted by carpetmonsters (carpetmonsters), 22 January 2004
hi

i find the cfr tool is the way to go but will use a lot of water with a standard portable

steve

Posted by lee_gundry (lee_gundry), 22 January 2004
cfr

like nigel said a very versatile tool.

Lee G

Posted by Dynafoam (Dynafoam), 22 January 2004
Chris,

I fully endorse Nigels' comments on the CFR tool.

Steve,

If you are useing a lot of water you are probably useing the wrong jet. try a No. 1 or 2.

John.

Posted by Nigel_W (Nigel_W), 22 January 2004
Dave,

I think your question was addressed to me not Chris. I found the drimaster used too much water for a portable and even emptied my 120 gallon truckmount tanks pretty quickly. It also didn't clean all fabric well. For example with Alcantara (mock suede) fabrics the water bounced off and onto the floor.

It is a good tool but I think the CFR uses alot less water and is more versatile. If you are determined to go for the drimaster I will accept an offer for mine Grin

Nigel
Posted by Dave_Parry (Dave Parry), 22 January 2004
Nigel, Your right was for you, I missread the reply. From what you've said I dont think the Drimaster will be an option, as I will only have a 55 gal tank with my boxxer. If you want to contact me direct with a price, email me on dave@daveparry.com. Just may be tempted. otherwise will go for the CFR
Posted by mark_roberts (mark_roberts), 23 January 2004
Where can the CFR tool be bought in the UK?

Its $199 on the CFR website which is equivalent to £107.  Are there any taxes to pay when importing and when is the VAT paid.

thanks
Mark
Posted by Mr._One_Step (Steve Carpenter), 23 January 2004
Hi Mark,

The CFR 3” Combo Tool c/w Red 6501 Nozzle (£139.00 plus VAT) and 7.5” Special Purpose (£207.00 plus VAT) hand tools are available to purchase through www.worldofclean.co.uk

To operate with non-CFR extractors or truckmounted equipment you also need to purchase the 5ft Conversion Hose (£137.00 plus VAT).

Minimum solution pressure operating requirements are 100 psi.

Additional nozzles (6502, 6503, 6504) are available to purchase at £12.00 plus VAT each.

A 5” Combo Tool will be available this March. Price TBA

For further information contact Amtech UK the CFR agent here on Tel: 0845 130 4755 or by e-mail on sales@amtechuk.biz web site:www.amtechuk.biz

Regards

Steve

Posted by Shaun_Ashmore (Shaun_Ashmore), 23 January 2004
hello Steve how are you?

isn't that advertising what you have just done?

Shaun
Posted by mike_halliday (mike_halliday), 24 January 2004
I was almost tempted to buy one at £139 until I saw I'd also have to spend £137 on a extra bit of hose Shocked can't you make the convertion hose yourself or is it some thing special.

its a pity you can't post photos on this site, I've got a superb upholstery tool,  I could have shown you a picture

Mike
Posted by stevegunn (Steve Gunn), 24 January 2004
you can post pictures on this site Huh
Posted by Mr._One_Step (Steve Carpenter), 24 January 2004
CFR tooling offers superior rinsing and very favourable drying times.  It is well made tool and because of its unique design protected by worldwide patents and is only available through CFR agents. Amtech UK are the main agents here in the United Kingdom for CFR equipment, so any direct enquiries with CFR would result in Mark being advised to purchase from Amtech UK.

Regards

Steve

PS. Shaun, I am well thankyou. How's business in sunny Sheffield?

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.