Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

Carpet Cleaning Issues - Carpet construction, upholstery cleaning, stain removal, equipment, events, etc.

hand tools

Posted by Emin (Emin), 11 February 2004
Hello everyone

I have just forked out cuple of grand to start my own part time carpet cleaning business. it will mainly be domestic carpets. But i will get the odd upholstery to do.

So i just wanted your advice whether i can use the Prochem "Glidemaster hand tool" for stairst and upholstery (looking for a two in one sort of tool you see Grin)

It has a 4 inch head with 0.4gpm spray nozzle.

All advice will be appreaciated. Smiley
Posted by Les (Les), 11 February 2004
Hullo..
You may wish to look at the posts in reply to 'Advice on hand tools please' further down this page.
It might answer your query.
If it doesn't just pretend I never replied Grin
Les Wink
Posted by strakercleaning (strakercleaning), 11 February 2004
Emin, My personal view is that you would not want to use the same tool for carpets and upholstery.  Shocked
I use Prochem tools and have stair tool and S/S upholstery tool. You do NOT want to overwet upholstery so by using uph tool, you only spray a mist. (You can go over areas more than once without soaking) Wink
I also feel that stair tools can get scratched/gouged on grippers so not good to use on upholstery in case of tears etc. Grin
Welcome to the world of Carpet Cleaning and the forums Smiley
Lets be careful out there people.
Posted by Ed_Valentine (Ed Valentine), 11 February 2004
Great Advice, Chris!

Good Fortune to all;
Ed Valentine
Posted by John_Flynn (John_Flynn), 11 February 2004
My feeling too Chris, but been a thick Yorkshireman couldn't put it into words Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
Posted by Shaun_Ashmore (Shaun_Ashmore), 11 February 2004
From one thick Yorkshireman to another, if you want an affordable upholstery tool try buying one second hand on this forum.

Shaun

PS I'm trying to sell the benefits of using cleanitup honest Grin

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.