Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

Carpet Cleaning Issues - Carpet construction, upholstery cleaning, stain removal, equipment, events, etc.


Posted by tony-eaglescliffe (tony harrison), 8 April 2004
Could any operators using truckmounted equipment let me know which insurance companies you use both for your van and product/libility policies.

I have just accepted the quotes given anually from my broker which i have used for over 24 years now, but have noticed that the cost has dramatically risen, hence looking for other quotes.

Another thing which they seem to do now is they do not let you know what the premiums are going to be until the very last moment I assume that they think that you will just use them again as you will not have time to shop around.

Many thanks in anticipation

Posted by Dave_Lee (Dave_Lee), 8 April 2004
Do a search on "Insurance" on the 'Cleantalk' forum this has been well covered previously.
Posted by tony-eaglescliffe (tony harrison), 8 April 2004
Many thanks Dave.

Regards Tony
Posted by Cloverleaf (Cloverleaf), 8 April 2004
I am always looking at ways to reduce insurance premiums.
Have a look at NFU Mutual, just saved more than 100 pounds on my anual premium.
Van insurancce look at Quotline Direct.
If you dont claim, Grin and have been in business more than 3 years you may reduce your premiums like I have done.
Hope this helps,
John Milnes
Posted by tony-eaglescliffe (tony harrison), 8 April 2004
Thanks for that info John

Regards Tony
Posted by cleaner_carpets (cleaner_carpets), 9 April 2004
hi tony
i'm just starting up a cc business and buying a t/m i had a quote for 2million public liability and 2 mill treatment risk from hsbc it only cost 113.00 per year, still looking for van and machine insurance any ideas?

dave (cleaner carpets)
Posted by adl (dave555), 9 April 2004
We found a very good cover policy from AXA we have 20 000 machine cover 5 000 000 public liability and 10 000 000 employees liability insurance 1500 tools in van cover + all the usual extras. all for about 500.00 the employees liability covers us for upto 10 employees full time and as many part time employees as you want as long as the wages for the part timers does not come to more than 25% of our turnover
Posted by nick.solution (nick.solution), 9 April 2004
Hi Guys

I suggest you re -read your policy and check you have FULL treatment risk and not the normal insurance with all the get outs, some of the costings don't look right

Best regards Nick
Posted by adl (dave555), 9 April 2004

Further to my last post, i have a seperate policy for treatment risks the other policy mentioned is for machinery public an employees liability insurance only

regards Dave
Posted by Ken_Wainwright (Ken Wainwright), 9 April 2004
I too have an HSBC policy, and it's very competitively priced. BUT you need to customise it to your own needs. Even as a one man band, you will occasionally have a helper. Regardless of pay rates, or not, they will be classed as an employee, so Employers Liability will be required. The standard HSBC policy does not cover part timers on Public, Treatment or Employers Liability. So, as Nick says, read the policy/schedule carefully.

Safe and happy cleaningSmiley
Posted by Dave_Lee (Dave_Lee), 9 April 2004
I found 'GAN' to be one of the cheapest for pub liability ans "Items worked on" cover with inly a 50 excess for both. I had to change, to get adequate machine cover as they will only cover 2,000 for TOOLS.

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.