Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

Window Cleaning Issues - Canvassing, pole systems, pricing, problems, etc.

Funny Stories Please

Posted by pdhanson (Silly Philly), 6 December 2003
Ok chappies, we've all had funny experiences while window cleaning, lets have your best.  

Be it strange customers, encounters with other window cleaners, or falling off a roof into a pool!  What's your funniest, strangest or whackiest window cleaning story?

Here's one to kick off:

A windy December day I was on a little roof when a sudden gust blew my ladders down.  Too high up to jump down, street deserted, customer not home! STUCK!

Luckily I had my mobile, and a friend who lived nearby came to the rescue!  I had a few weeks of mick-taking tho!

Lets hear yours!
Posted by shinnyshinner (shinnyshinner), 6 December 2003
Hi silly philly
When I was 14 I started working with my dad in London we used to clean the windows of a sauna that opened up in Kings Cross (you know the sort).
After we cleaned the windows we popped in for a cup of tea while I was drinking my tea I was admiring the girls low cut tops, as you do at that age, not watching what I was doing spilt my tea down my overalls through my jeans and it hurt like hell then nearly died when the girls told me I went rather red and did I want to take my trousers off.
Alan

Posted by Neil (wylie), 6 December 2003
Hi Silly Philly
When I was helping a mate with his round a few years ago we used to do a posh hotel in town. I would do the ground floor and my mate would do tops.
One day he came down the ladder so fast I thought he had jumped
Quick he said go up and take a look! Not a stitch on! Totally Starkers!
I had visions of a young bit of stuff laying on the bed so I was up that ladder like a rat up a drainpipe. As I pretended to clean the window I looked in to see the young nymph but what I saw was not what I had hoped for (yes I know I should have guessed) there was this Great hairy ar@ed sales rep stood at the wash basin brushing his teeth looking back at me in the mirror wearing nothing but a big smile.
As I looked down there was my mate lying on the floor laughing his head off.
It took a Very long time to live that down but was worth it for the beer talk afterwards.  Grin Grin Grin

Posted by Majestic (Majestic), 7 December 2003
One window cleaner said he earns £72k per year Grin Cool
Posted by shinnyshinner (shinnyshinner), 7 December 2003
Hi majestic
Tell you what would be funny,
If he wrote abook about it.
Oh sorry he did did'nt he, from a forum wasnt it
Alan
Posted by denzle (denzle), 8 December 2003
About a year ago whilst out collecting on a Thursday night, one of customers came to the door to pay.
She asked me if her dog had barked at me whilst i was cleaning the patio door.
She looked really saddened when i told her that it hadn't,
Why i aked ? Oh we found him dead on the carpet by the patio door when we got home and we just thought that if he had died barking at the window cleaner then he would have died a happy dog.
That kept me amused for days
Denzle
Posted by Cov_Cleaner (Cov_Cleaner), 24 December 2003
My ex girlfriends mum lives in Polperro, Cornwall and we had to go down for a fortnight every year (yawn!)

Last time I decided to take the ladders so I could get myself out the way for a bit! One day canvassing and Two days cleaning made me about £130. I had to smile to myself when customers said "see you in a month"!

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.