Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

Window Cleaning Issues - Canvassing, pole systems, pricing, problems, etc.

Pole and Squeegee

Posted by MB (Mark Betts), 7 January 2004
Is it possible to use a pole and squeegee on windows that normally require a ladder.

I am not talking about pre water systems but using normal water and detregent etc and washing windows as normal and squeeging off.

What i am saying is i dont do many windows, just for a few of my carpet cleaning clients and i dont like ladders ahahah

Thanks

Mark

Posted by denzle (denzle), 7 January 2004
Mark
It can be done but you need to be pretty good at it ( I'm not ) I find that it is very easy to leave lines, misses etc and the final detailing of the edges is near impossible.
However there are probably guys here that will tell you how to do properly..... sorry but i'm not one of them  Smiley
Denzle

Posted by shinebright (shinebright), 7 January 2004
Like Denzle, I am not happy with the finish that I leave. I do use the method when I am unable to gain safe access to a window.

The only advice I can give is:
Do not touch the top of the frame with the applicator.
Always dry your blade after each stroke.

If you practice on your own windows, you may be able to perfect the method or at least reach an acceptable standard.
Posted by peterf (peterf), 7 January 2004
A few years ago I cleaned all my outside windows with a pole and squeegee, you can get a good finish, practice make perfect.

Peter
Posted by fez (fez), 7 January 2004
on 01/07/04 at 13:44:09, peterf wrote:
A few years ago I cleaned all my outside windows with a pole and squeegee, you can get a good finish, practice make perfect.

Peter

I've tried with my upstairs windows and the results were awful! If you get a good finish, then I need a lot of practice.

Posted by Majestic (Majestic), 7 January 2004
Denzle
Was your post a early start or a late night   Cool
Posted by denzle (denzle), 7 January 2004
It was one of those nights where you wake up and can't get back to sleep, so a few minutes on the forum was called for.... Sad isn't it
Denzle

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.