Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

General Cleaning Issues - Floorcare, car valeting, buying and selling businesses, pricing, staffing, market research, etc.

help

Posted by Lee_Roebuck (Lee_Roebuck), 8 February 2004
could any one tell me a good product for cleaning leather for car interior thanks Roll Eyes
Posted by mickeyfat (VGC), 8 February 2004
battery acid Wink
Posted by Les (Les), 8 February 2004
Hi Lee,
I see from previous posts that ProChem leather cleaner has been tried and tested by people in this group and you can purchase that from our hosts at Express Cleaning.
I have just purchased some leather cleaning products from LTT who are on this group and will be trying them tomorrow on a Beemer & an old Austin Healey.
I'll let you know how it goes.
P.S. I would give the battery acid a miss, (and there's NO CHARGE for that information) Grin Cheesy
Les  Wink
Posted by squeaky (squeaky), 9 February 2004
Lemon juice mixed with olive oil is supposed to be good,
saddle soap is another,or have a cup of linseed oil mixed with half a cup of white vinegar applied sparingly with a dmp cloth and buff with a clean cloth is also very good.

Haleys hints 2003

Mark
Posted by Auto_Groom (Auto_Groom), 9 February 2004
used prochem cleaner and conditioner on my st220 leather the other day and it looks loverly go for this product its great.
Andy Smiley
Posted by LTT (Leather Training and Technical), 9 February 2004
LeatherMaster have products which work very well on car interiors.  I would advise steering well clear of things that have not been specifically designed for use on leather as you are never sure what damage will be done to the finish.

A lot of problems on car seats is from dye transfer (from jeans etc) but Rapid Cleaner S has proved to be very good fro removing this without any damage to the finish.

You can call us on 01423 881027 if you want any help on this.
Regards
Judy

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.