Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

Window Cleaning Issues - Canvassing, pole systems, pricing, problems, etc.

Cleaning egg(4 month old) off frames

Posted by sc (sc), 26 February 2004
I had a new customer today that had about 5 eggs all over his house. They looked like they had been there since November. So I got to work with the scraper and eventually got it all off.

I normally do the frames, but thought sod that and left a slip saying it would cost 3 times the amount of the windows just to scrub the frames. It seemed a good price, but now I'm thinkin it will easily take more than 3 times longer to scrub his frames than to clean his now clean windows.

I need a quick way to shift the egg. Whats best? I normally use GG4. Should I buy some cream cleaner, scourers, brillo pads, steel wool, ammonia.

Thanks SteveC
Posted by mogs (mogs), 26 February 2004
good time of year for cleaning tht egg of!! use a good detergent with ammonia in it, soak all the frames first to soften the egg. thts y i say its good time now to clean the egg of as the water wont dry in just as quick. get a good hardish hand brush, soak tht and start scrubbing. should cut ur time down. goodluck!!
hate the smell of washing old egg of  Lips Sealed
Posted by poleman (PoleMan), 27 February 2004
dont use hot water use cold

andy

dorset
Posted by stevekennedy (stevekennedy), 28 February 2004
Hi poleman,

Is cold better than hot?
Posted by poleman (PoleMan), 29 February 2004
yes as hot will only bake the egg harder, iam a window cleaner by trade but have a chap that works for me from the contract cleaning side of things. hope that helps!

andy

dorset

fed member
Posted by stevekennedy (stevekennedy), 1 March 2004
Thanks Andy, will try cold next time.  Wink

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.