Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

Window Cleaning Issues - Canvassing, pole systems, pricing, problems, etc.

Help with waterfed pole systems

Posted by dirkstar (dirkstar), 2 December 2003
IM DEFO HAVING A POLE SYSTEM FOR NXT YEAR.PROBLEM IM HAVING IS WHICH ONE TUCKER OR REACH N WASH.TUCKER SYSTEM COMING IN A LOT LESS £ THAN REACH N WASH.IM AFTER A 300 LTR SYSTEM TO GO IN MY KANGOO VAN.CAN ANY USERS OF EITHER OF THESE SYSTEMS GIVE ME SOME ADVICE ON SERVICEING,PROS AND CONS ETC.IM HAVING A DEMO OF THE TUCKER SYSTEM  BUT AT THE END OF THE DAY THEY NEED TO SELL ME ONE SO THERE OPINION ONLY SWINGS ONE WAY.PLEASE HELP ME SOMEONE.IM NOT SLEEPING AT NIGHT THE MRS GETTIN FED UP OF ME GOIN ON N ON.£5000ISH FOR A R N WASH OR  3500 FOR THE TUCKER. CHEERS PAUL.  
Posted by shinnyshinner (shinnyshinner), 2 December 2003
Hi darkstar
I was talking to peterf and his systems are cheaper then that .
Have you spoken to him yet worth a call.

http://www.window-tools.com/
Alan
tucker n reach n wash seem to be the most used ,not sure on his system ive seen his w/site ,do you use his system shinnyshinner
anyone use the pure2o systems
Posted by shinnyshinner (shinnyshinner), 2 December 2003
Hi darkstar
I too have been looking into getting a system and seems they all do the same work, I dont want to pay for a name etc.
and peters system seem to be well made and a hell of alot cheaper I was talking to him a while ago and he gave me a break down of prices on some bits and they are a lot cheaper I surpose he does not have the over heads these big companys have.
but will do the same job.
Alan
Posted by Rob_B (Rob_B), 2 December 2003
Hi Dirkstar,

I too have have been in contact with peter, although I am more interested in the trolley system that he does as I don't really have enough pole work to justify anything bigger. I asked if I would be able to upgrade it later on into a van system which he said I could, but many people don't bother as the trolley system does exactly the same job. In fact here is the reply to my email to him. I have posted this on an earlier post, sorry for repeating myself everybody else.

I am interested in your trolley system, please could you answer the following questions.

how much will the delivery charge be?

Delivery is included in the price.

If I wish to upgrade to a vanmount system later on, will it be possible just to buy the tank, etc. that I didn't get with the trolley system, and how much would that be likely to be?

Depends on what you want, pretty cheap if you don't upgrade the water treatment part.
You can use your pump box with the van system.  2x250L water tanks linked together + fittings is £200 a frame to secure them in your van is £250.  

If I can get close enough to a job, am I right in thinking I could use this while still in the back of my estate instead of building up the trolley?

The trolley is put away with everything on it, you just unchain the handle and put a pin in place, it only take about 10 seconds to take it out the car and start using it.

I live in a hard water area, how much water will filters produce before needing to be replaced, and how much do they cost to replace?

The basic 200gpd system which is around 700L needs prefilters between 4 and 6 months at the cost of £15.00 for both, the DI resin used for polishing off to zero last about the same and costs £5.00.  The RO membranes are the expensive part at £90.00 every 2 to 3 years.

I am very interested in this system as I am looking into getting into pole work, but I do not have enough of this work to justify a van mounted system yet. I see the trolley as a good starting point with a view to upgrading, hence the upgrade questions.

Most people with vans that start off with the trolley, have not bothered to upgrade as the trolley does everything a van system does.

Your help is very much appreciated,

No problem, if you have any more questions let me know.

I hope this helps

Rob
Posted by Pure_2o (Pure_2o), 2 December 2003
If you want more info. give me a shout : 0870 240 3805  Wink
Posted by Mike_Boxall (Mike_Boxall), 2 December 2003
Hi Guys
The problem with talking to the manufacturers directly is that you get a biased opinion.
I would personally question anyone who claims to be the cheapest - everyone needs to make a reasonable living and those that aren't making a reasonable margin aren't likely to be around when something needs replacing.
With all due respect to 'those who don't have the overheads' lets not forget what most overheads consist of:

Staff: will the phones get answered when you ring them? will there be someone available to answer a technical question if you have one have? will they actually be able to supply a system if you order one? will there be someone there if you have an invoicing query? would someone actually come to you if you were having problems?

Warehousing: will the parts be in stock when you want them? how quickly can they replace something if it did go wrong? what will happen when the system's a couple of years old - will the parts be available then?

Development: are the company researching and improving their systems all the time? are the company likely to be the first to develop something new? is the system likely to be the most up to date?

These are all things that cost money and, if you don't pay for them, you won't get them!!

Regards

Mike Boxall
Posted by admin (Forum Admin), 2 December 2003
oops- we seem to have 2 identical topics running at once here! The other has now been locked.

on 12/01/03 at 15:28:31, dirkstar wrote:
Are there any window cleaners who use the commercial reach n wash system.that i may ring just to ask a little advice.cheers paul.

on 12/01/03 at 16:47:01, easycleanwindows wrote:
hi dont use reach and wash but use tucker on commercial work very good

on 12/01/03 at 17:39:44, dirkstar wrote:
still waiting on a tucker booklet,what price are you lookin at for your system .cheers

on 12/02/03 at 17:47:34, Pure_2o wrote:
Pure 2O Ltd. guarantee to beat anybodies price on a like for like quotation !

Posted by highwash (highwash), 3 December 2003
give cleantech a call-www.cleantech.co.uk. i,ve purchased equipment on the strength of their value for money,service and advice.mike b is right,companies have to make a profit and cleantech seem to be re-investing some of theirs in buildings to accomodate their growing business.as for not having enough work for pole -you soon will have! - is pure2o a puppy from ott?
Posted by Pure_2o (Pure_2o), 3 December 2003
Mike,

I understand the concerns you have put forward with regards to being the cheapest.  Please call me or pop in to our installation centre and I will put to rest any of the concerns that you or anybody else may have.  It may help you to visit our website if you have not already done so.

Tel : 0870 240 3805

Smiley
Posted by dirkstar (dirkstar), 3 December 2003
does anyone use tucker,reach n wash in a hard water area.the water in doncaster is hard,so the question is do i get a tucker without a ro filter which means the resin will not last as long as the r n wash system which has a on board ro so the resin lasts longer .does this justify the 1000 ish difference in cost.looked at the r n wash system last night,looked very complicated,used and saw a tucker today lot less complicated.still stuck on a choice. can anyone give me phone nubers of users of these systems{not distributers}would be very helpful.cheers
Posted by shinnyshinner (shinnyshinner), 3 December 2003
Hi
Why would it be better to deal with the bigger agent on a pole system because basically the mark up is more expensive so you must think more money being spent on research, bigger property’s etc.
If someone is thinking of expanding into pure water from scratch isn’t it better to test the water on something less expensive If the system peterf is selling is basically the same and ££££ cheaper where he too can offer technical help when needed and also using the equipment for his own work and good reviews from people on this forum
Then why would it be better to deal with a main agent costing ££££ more.
Alan

Posted by Majestic (Majestic), 3 December 2003
I have dealt with alot of the WFP firms I purchased a 40ft  pole from OTT and  had a problem with it , I sent them e mails and phoned them about it ,as I was not purchasing a full system  and spending £1ks they did not have a lot of time for me . I spoke to Peter f and he could not do enough  to help, also Cleantech have a good after sales service . I made up  my own system to what I need ,with parts from many suppliers.You can see me in action on my web site
Posted by shinnyshinner (shinnyshinner), 3 December 2003
Hi Majestic
By the sounds of your experience the main agent did not care as much as people may think they do.
I have spoken to Peter quite a few times and within the conversations he was not trying to sell me equipment I did not need to meet figures, for overheads but to arrange a system to meet my needs, also conversations went around how I can make my own system.
Would these big companies do that?
I don’t think so,
This sort of service from company’s are far and few between

Alan

Posted by bengiles (bengiles), 10 December 2003
hi all you people who are in a right pickle about pole systems!!

calm down, pure water systems are easy to make, easy to use and can be really cheap.  i know, i use and make pole systems.  i am a window cleaner like you and was ripped off once, but never again!!!  

If you want a cheap system, how does this sound.................

1 x 460 litre baffled  tank
1 x de-ioniser vessell
3 x bags of de-ioniser resin
1 x tds (total dissolved solids) monitor
1 x 60 psi 12v shurflo pump
1 x 8 foot pole
1 x 18 foot pole
1 x 30 foot pole
1 x 40 foot pole
only £1300 + vat !!!!!!
you buy the hose, the reels and all the hose lock fittings.  i will talk you through it all, you can even get your own tank and baffle it yourself!!  

it is simple, dont get sucked in!!

call me at Ultima Cleaning Ltd 01239 621821 or on my mobile 07970 918641

Ben Giles

Posted by pure_genius (pure_genius), 10 December 2003
I thought i would look into making these pure water systems and start marketing them as a low cost alternative to the main players. I spoke to a friend who was a lawyer about my idea and soon learnt that to make something to use for yourself is ok as an owner user, but you are liable to all sorts of things if you supply equipment and things go wrong.

I had a demonstration from OTT The Reach & Wash System they showed me the crash testing they had undertaken, i didnt think much about it until i saw they had crash tested a competitors system where the tank had let loose. The results were horrific i dont know which system it was they didnt tell me. It put me off building my own system and i wouldnt want to be sued by a grieving family to make a quick buck by making them to sell.

I still have not taken the plunge and got a full system yet.
I see that there are two crash tested systems on the market has anyone seen the pure 20 system, looks ok on there web site.
pure 20 claim they can beat any price with a crash tested system it sounds to good to be true.   Shocked  

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.