Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

General Cleaning Issues - Floorcare, car valeting, buying and selling businesses, pricing, staffing, market research, etc.

Customer Databases

Posted by pre-vac_Nick (pre-vac_Nick), 5 November 2003
Hello People,

I need a little help compiling a customer database, i have read on this forum before that ms access is a good programme to use but i really cant get my head around it!!

is there a piece of software on the market that you can put customer names addresses in etc, print there address on an envrlope set a reminder in 12mths time so there name and address pops up so you can send them a mailshot letter. Things like this?

If there isn't a piece of software has anyone made there own that i could purchase from them, really anyhelp will do please send me an email or messege if you can help

Thanks cleanituppers!!
Nick

Nick@holman180.fsnet.co.uk Huh Huh Huh
Posted by Fox (Fox), 6 November 2003
Hi Nick

Lotus is a pretty good program and easy to use.  You can store information on calls you make aswell as basic names addresses etc.

You can set reminders on this program and paste information to word.

Think you may be able to download from net but not sure.

Will try to find out more for you.
Fox
Posted by Perry_White (Perry_White), 6 November 2003
Grin You could use MS Outlook for this. It comes as part of the MS office suite and is a contact management programme. very good for recording names, flagging future calls etc. will print letters to MS word, don't see any reason why it wouldn't do a mail merge. much easier to get to grips with than access or lotus which can be a bit daunting!
Posted by Cloverleaf (Cloverleaf), 6 November 2003
I had the same problem, couldn't get my head round access till my daughter helped me out to create one as I am a little program eliterate myself.
Sugest that you get some one to help you with access as the programes that you purchase or trial will be just as dificult at first.
Once you have used accsess it will be easy.
I have just mailed 140 past customers (the ones I want work from) last Saturday and already have picked up £900 of work.
It is well worth doing  Grin
John
Posted by pre-vac_Nick (pre-vac_Nick), 6 November 2003
John when using access can you programme it to flag up a job after 12mths, so you can send then a reminder letter?

If you can i may have a go after i fix my smashed computer!! Cry Cry Shocked Angry Angry
Posted by Cloverleaf (Cloverleaf), 6 November 2003
erm dont know about this yet, but you can enter a feild with date, and flag up your your customers that you'v not contacted for 6 months and print off envelopes.
You can also enter job details and how much you you charged them last time. I think this is important  because I can never remember how much I last charged them.
Customers will always remember what you charged them the last time you visited them and they will tell friends etc.
Roll Eyes
John
Posted by pre-vac_Nick (pre-vac_Nick), 7 November 2003
Thanks John,

Im gonna give it a go Cheesy

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.