Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

Window Cleaning Issues - Canvassing, pole systems, pricing, problems, etc.

windows that bead and sheet ?

Posted by brownie (brownie), 1 March 2004
can anyone tell me why some windows sheet and some bead. because im on wfp and nearly all my windows bead and im not getting good results cause i cant rinse.
will the windows that bead eventually sheet after a time using wfp?

any advice will be helpful......thanks brownie
Posted by WavieDavie (WavieDavie), 1 March 2004
Hi Brownie,

Heres an excellent link for WFP topics . . .
http://www.window-tools.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl

I'm sure you'll recognise a few names Wink

All the best - have fun!

Posted by Diamond_Vision (Jeff Brimble), 1 March 2004
Get some glass that sheets and put any sort of polish on it and it will bead- forever, because the coating sinks into the pitts of the glass and causes adesion to any thing on the glass like water. You usually get it on the downstairs in paticular when the customer has been polishing their windows but you also get it when the bl***y installers clean the glass with silicon based petrolum products.
I have just had a bad hair day as well . The sun is at a low angle the sky is ultra blue and spots show. I had one job that  is hydrophillic -water loving ie it beads,  I went back and did them again after the first clean had dried. I dont usually have to do this  but did today and I will have to watch things tomorrow as well.
You hopefully wont always have these problems you just ned more experience I notice you had your system in January  and things seemed to be going OK maybe you are just putting yourself under the microscope and finding fault with your own work ? which we all do.
Persevere ?
Posted by brownie (brownie), 1 March 2004
cheers for the advice....but will they always bead or will the pure water eventually lift the film off, so that one day they will sheet.?.......brownie
Posted by Diamond_Vision (Jeff Brimble), 1 March 2004
They will forever bead think of it as a permanent wax coating. and I still aint come up with a coating that will reverse it after years of trying but Pilks new active seems to do it ?? anybody.

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.