Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

Window Cleaning Issues - Canvassing, pole systems, pricing, problems, etc.

Squeegee Mate

Posted by john_archer (john_archer), 22 September 2003
Hi guys,
           has anyone any experience of useing the squeegee mate or any other one pass tool and if so do they cut your job time down significantly.
                 cheers, John.
Posted by sham33 (sham33), 22 September 2003
I bought 1 of these when they first come out. I chucked it away a few days later. It really does weigh quite a bit after a bit of use and made my wrist ache at the end of the day.

Also i found it didn't do a very good job, the sleave was too small and thin and didn't get all the grime off and it just felt very awkward to use.
Posted by Majestic (Majestic), 22 September 2003
Ihave the backflip , I have tried it as a one pass tool but can`t get used to it ,so  use it as a backflip and have no trouble with it but it is awkward to fit in a bucket on a belt.It is great for pole work  Cool
Posted by The_Fed_Man (The_Fed_Man), 22 September 2003
I have the SqueegeeMate, Backflip in two sizes and a Wagtail Combi.  All are good at different things.  If the window is fairly clean, say 2 weekly, they will work well but for fairly dirty windows you have to go over again and eyeball a lot so I find normal methods quicker.  But where you can use them they really fly!
Try a SqueegeeMate with a Pulex Swivel handle and an aluminium channel, this set up at 14" is pretty light, about the weight of a brass handle and channel.
Posted by Rob_B (Rob_B), 23 September 2003
I tried the squeegemate but didn't think it was any good. I gave it a go for a couple of days but I couldn't get the technique right. i found you had to press quite hard to remove dirt from the windows but the squeegemate was too flimsy. In the end I gave it up it was costing me time rather than saving.
Posted by simonb (simonb), 23 September 2003
I have the backflip that I use as a 1 pass in certain situations:
Top of a ladder when you have to reach a bit
Insides of showrooms video shops etc where its fairly clean.
insides of offices where you dont want to drip water on the computers etc. If you use it fairly dry you can flash thru and hardly need to wipe the sills.
But outside of shops and fingermarks need the good old method

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.