Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

Window Cleaning Issues - Canvassing, pole systems, pricing, problems, etc.

Sorbo Squeegee Rubber Sharpener

Posted by L.Doubtfire (L.Doubtfire), 24 March 2004
Is there anyone on the group that uses the Sorbo rubber docket trimmer
sharpener? I`ve heard that a sharpened rubber works better than a new
rubber.Don`t know wether this is true or not without experience.Also don`t
know wether they are available in the U.K. If so,anyone know a stockist?
Thanks for any `info`.

Lewis Doubtfire,Gleem Clean (Blade Runner)

Posted by bill_sykes (bill_sykes), 24 March 2004
I use a stanley knife blade to trim the rubber. I buy a

36" rubber cut it into 2 x 18" . when the ends wear ,trim

it to fit 16" channel then 14".I find if you trim the blade

1/8" shorter either side than the metal channel it

does`nt leave a line where the glass meets the frame

and lasts weeks longer.
Posted by WavieDavie (WavieDavie), 24 March 2004
Hi Lewis

I looked into this some time ago but I think the thing cost $150 or so, plus the time involved in cutting, and it only works with Sorbo 3x4? Rubbers. As I can get rubber at £1 per yard, I didn’t think it was worth going for. Either that, or I'd need to tool up with Sorbo gear and then have to cut a whole lot of blade to break even, but I didn't even start to work that out.

This is how it works http://sorboproducts.com/dockettip.htm If you go to the home page, click on products and then replacement rubber, you’ll get a bit more information. This is the European distributor http://www.sorboproducts.com/contacteu.htm if you want to take it further.

Posted by WavieDavie (WavieDavie), 24 March 2004
Hi Bill, I'm like you - when it wears at the ends it gets saved, cut down and used again. We use 18, 14, 10 and 6 inch squeegees so a yard goes a long way.

Good to see you posting! Tell us a bit more about yourself though, fill in your profile and signature - what sort of work do you do, sole trader or 50 workers Wink that sort of thing!

All the best - Davie

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.