Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

Carpet Cleaning Issues - Carpet construction, upholstery cleaning, stain removal, equipment, events, etc.

vacuum motor

Posted by md_cleaning (md_cleaning), 26 January 2004
My 3 stage vacuum motor has given up today, am taking it in on Thursday morning but the women on the phone could'nt give me an idea of the price of motor or labour, anyone give me a clue, it's an Cleancare extract o matic 40s. Huh
Posted by Les (Les), 26 January 2004
It depends on their labour charge and mark up on the part.
The first time I had a repair done I did the same as you, took it along before getting a quote, got charged well over the odds  Shocked
It hasn't happened since because I always ask for an estimate in advance.
Can't the company make a call and get back to you with an idea of cost?
Posted by mike_halliday (mike_halliday), 26 January 2004
£125 for the vac & £50 for fitting.

Pay over £200 and you're getting ripped off

mike
Posted by Fintan_Coll (Fintan_Coll), 26 January 2004
I am not familiar with your machine but I always do my own fitting to my Alltec and Extracta machines, Nothing to it really.
Posted by Derek (Derek Bolton), 27 January 2004
Hi

I agree with Fintan... and I have Extracta and Alltec machines too

Once you have completed the task you will be confident to do it again in the future.
Don't expect to change a vacuum motor without the odd swear word though...it goes with the job! Grin

Derek
Posted by squeaky (squeaky), 27 January 2004
Hi
   I get all my spare motors etc from Wash and Vac , they seem to be very reasonable and they also manage to get most things.
tele 01795 429941 ,they also have a technical helpline 01795 470480

Good luck

Mark
Posted by md_cleaning (md_cleaning), 27 January 2004
Thanks for the replies, good to get some help. Smiley
Dave.

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.