Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

Carpet Cleaning Issues - Carpet construction, upholstery cleaning, stain removal, equipment, events, etc.

online chat

Posted by mike_halliday (mike_halliday), 30 October 2003
I noticed on the bottom of this home page it lists who is online at that moment, many times I've wanted to chat to them or ask them a question.

it would be a great idea to be able to 'chat' online I know my son can do this on the  websites he visits plus it opens up all sorts of possibilities we could have vurtual carpet cleaning meetings & online debates.

or I'm I just being a bit of a boring sad git Smiley

Mike  
Posted by R.P.CLEANING (R.P.CLEANING), 30 October 2003
Mike.
I thought the jolly boys outings would  be enough to meet most of the rogue's gallery.
It gives a chance for us all to argue I mean debate. It does have possiblitys. We could do with a spellcheck.
Cheers Rod
Posted by MB (Mark Betts), 30 October 2003
One way to do it Mike would be for the interested parties to get a hot mail account.

Mine for example is mark_723@hotmail.com

Then if any of us were on line chatting would be no problem.

Also with msn you can have group chats as well.

And..............

If you see  that Rod is on line we can just block him and pretend were not here hahahahahahah!!!!

Have  a good un Rodders.

Mark
Posted by Northerclean (Alex), 30 October 2003
I'm a member of another board which uses IRC, I see how it would be installed on this board and if it's ok for the admins to allow!
Posted by R.P.CLEANING (R.P.CLEANING), 30 October 2003
Mark
Tomorrow I will be on a sunny beach and u on a sheep. lol. talk to u when I get back.
Cya Betts
Rod
Posted by MB (Mark Betts), 31 October 2003
okey doke,

have  agood time and dont forget me stick a rock!!

Mark

PS. One word of advice, make sure u lay face down on the beach when eyeing up the totty wont you hahahahahahah
Posted by Mike_Boxall (Mike_Boxall), 31 October 2003
Hi Alex
We'll look into IRC - but isnt AOL Instant Messenger the most popular chat system? There is a facility in members profile section where you can list an ICQ Number, an AOL Nickname or a Yahoo nickname - the problem is getting everyone using the same thing.
Regards
Mike
Posted by MB (Mark Betts), 31 October 2003
Sod  AOL !!!!!    Wink Wink

Just sign up for a hotmail account. absolute peice a cake.
Posted by Col_in_Oz (Col_in_Oz), 1 November 2003
There's a chat room attached to the Aussie forum that doesn't see much use, feel free to use it, just remember to fill the beer fridge & vacuum the floors before you leave Smiley
Only works with Internet Explorer 5 or better.
It's heavy on images, so may take a while to load the first time you use it, have fun.
You'll find it here
http://www.kisser.net.au/colinf/newchat2

Cheers
Col

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.