Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

Window Cleaning Issues - Canvassing, pole systems, pricing, problems, etc.

21 Feb to all window cleaners oldham manchester

Posted by Terry_Burrows (Terry_Burrows), 13 February 2004
WinkI have been asked to open a double glazing showroom Cheesy on the 21 feb next saturday Winkthere will be press etc there possible TV,there will be a window cleaners competition,cash prizes champers drink etc free! GrinI have been asked to try to break my record,I am not in the competiton its self,all window cleaners are welcome to come down to the showroom  Wink and have a go Cheesy
the adress is

President windows
Bower st
Castle Park
Oldham
Manchester
get there for around 10 o clock Wink

I hope to see all the local window cleaners there
federation members or not! Wink
you never know you can win some dosh Grin
will let you know more as things progress Wink
Posted by woods_windows (woods_windows), 13 February 2004
hi terry that sounds good as i live in stockport its only up the road so yes i will pop down and say hello Grin Grin
Posted by Terry_Burrows (Terry_Burrows), 14 February 2004
Winkyes you are welcome bring some friends and other wondow cleaners to! Wink free drinks flying etc! Grin
Posted by Terry_Burrows (Terry_Burrows), 15 February 2004
Winkcome on you shinners get ya butts down there Wink Grin
Posted by Slatercleaners (Slatercleaners), 21 February 2004
As I'm in the North of Scotland I couldn't manage  down - but I hope all went well.
GS
Posted by Terry_Burrows (Terry_Burrows), 22 February 2004
WinkThank you it went very well Cheesybut I did not break my record!I was faster then NEC by some 30 seconds,but I got to many penalty points to break the record!heres to next time in april at the Fed do! Grin
Posted by Rick (Rick), 23 February 2004
hmmm. i live in Rochdale and work in Ashton. it would've been nice to see it.

about these "records"? excuse me, but what exactly do you have to do to break them? and how is the competition performed? man, i'd prolly whip all your asses at this game. i'm the fastest window cleaner in Greater Manchester. anyone who thinks otherwise is just plain wrong.

nah, i'm just joking really. but i like to think i could handle the pressure of a window cleaning competition (which is just hilarious!).......like, why?
Posted by Silly_Philly (Philip Hanson  [Silly Philly]), 24 February 2004
Quote:
man, i'd prolly whip all your asses at this game. i'm the fastest window cleaner in Greater Manchester. anyone who thinks otherwise is just plain wrong.

Well, it's time to put your squeegee where your mouth is!  The Fed Show is on 24th April, and there will be an official Guinness World Record rep to oversee our very own competition.

You can see how you fair against the legendary Terry "Turbo" Burrows.  (I'm afraid it sounds like you've thrown down a gauntlet now! and Terry's not one to walk away from a challenge like that)  

He doesn't have that little "S" next to his name for nothing!

Its in Leicestershire, details are on the Fed website

Philip
Posted by Terry_Burrows (Terry_Burrows), 24 February 2004
WinkRick you have our challange!I have picked the glove up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

see you at the Fed bash
Posted by WavieDavie (WavieDavie), 24 February 2004
Terry,

Is there anywhere we can find the rules for the competition?

AND
Do you have to book your place or can you just turn up on the day?
Posted by Terry_Burrows (Terry_Burrows), 24 February 2004
Winkyes there are rules!the fed has copys of these,and yes you can just turn up on the day,window cleaning
competition starts around 12 30 onwards get your name down on the papers provided! Grin you never know you ca win some bucks Wink
Posted by WavieDavie (WavieDavie), 24 February 2004
I'll contact Beryl for a copy. While I'm on, I'll remind her she hasn't replied about the room rates at the hotel Roll Eyes

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.