Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

Window Cleaning Issues - Canvassing, pole systems, pricing, problems, etc.

Colour Biz cards

Posted by matt (matt), 25 November 2003
http://www.vistaprint.co.uk/vp/ns/bcfree.aspx?

250 Free, you only pay 4 quid for postage from the USA, they have a fair few to choose from the free range

Ive had them for my chippie work B4 (ive got 3 designs of them)  just ordered 250 for the window cleaning with the new window cleaning mobile number on  Smiley

they are real nice, worth the 4 quid postage
Posted by shinnyshinner (shinnyshinner), 26 November 2003
Hi Matt
Thats where I got mine too.
Great value, have you cheaked out the re-order price I brought another 500 on a re-order all in for about £10 they keep emailing me to buy more, you had that yet?
Cheers
Alan
Posted by STEVE71163 (Steve Lowe), 26 November 2003
Hi Alan,
          Are they good quality Huh

Steve
Posted by shinnyshinner (shinnyshinner), 26 November 2003
Hi steve.
Very good when I order I get 250 matt finish and 250 glossy and I think they are very good.
I can always send you one if you want
Alan
Posted by STEVE71163 (Steve Lowe), 26 November 2003
Hi Alan
         I wouldnt mind seeing a matt and a glossy one.

Many Thanks

Steve
Posted by matt (matt), 26 November 2003
i get loads of offers from them all the time Smiley

for 4 quid for 250 i dont think you can go far wrong Smiley

The only thing is, they dont do a picture of a window cleaner (even on the expensive 1's Sad, 12 quid for 250) they do everything else

Posted by matt (matt), 26 November 2003
i'm not keen on the glossy 1's, glossy cost 70p per 250 to be upgraded

i prefere the matt 1's Smiley
Posted by Service_Champion (Service_Champion), 26 November 2003
I too have used Vistaprint aswell, I designed my own and uploaded it on to their website. My first order was for 250 matt cards, but because I have used colour in the design the colour is absorbed in to the card. I then ordered another 250 gloss cards and they are very good. I got quotes for 250 cards from Kall Kwik and Pronto Print and they wanted £60 - Vistaprint £26. Absolute bargain. I highly recommend them.
Posted by STEVE71163 (Steve Lowe), 27 November 2003
I have just placed an order as i have been paying a lot more than this Embarassed Thanks Matt for the post Cheesy

Steve
Posted by fez (fez), 27 November 2003
Thanks for the tip, I've just ordered 500 with a nice seascape picture on. Grin

I'll let you know the results in 10 days time.
Posted by matt (matt), 27 November 2003
No probs Steve, its what we are here for, to help each other Smiley

Fez, you must be rich to opt for the 10 day delivery charge  Grin Grin Grin
Posted by Bones (Bones), 27 November 2003
Hi Guy's, Vista-print are great. When I first started i got myself 250 cards thats i designed on their site. since then on i've done another 2 orders of 250 but this time I listed my services on the reverse Wink Cost about £20 inc the 10 day del charge but I find when i hand them to potential customers they are well impressed  Wink Wink Wink

I oredered the one with a yankie house on it with lot's of windows. Grin  Grin  Grin

Mikey
Posted by fez (fez), 28 November 2003
on 11/27/03 at 19:17:41, matt wrote:
Fez, you must be rich to opt for the 10 day delivery charge  Grin Grin Grin

No, not rich, I just HATE waiting for mail-order to arrive!
I want them now!! Angry Grin

Posted by matt (matt), 2 December 2003
you can now add "glossy" for just 1p per 250 Smiley

the winter sale is on

Posted by STEVE71163 (Steve Lowe), 5 December 2003
I ordered some cards last week. How long do they normally take to arrive Huh I got an e mail on Tuesday to say they had been dispatched but i have run out today Roll Eyes

Steve
Posted by shinnyshinner (shinnyshinner), 5 December 2003
Hi steve
They should be with you anytime now when ordered mine came through in about 1 week or just under
Alan
Thanks Alan,
                  Its typical that i should run out now Roll Eyes I thought i had another box Embarassed

Steve
Posted by shinnyshinner (shinnyshinner), 5 December 2003
Hi steve
Thats always the way I done it too so got an extra 500 in storage incase I forgot.
Alan
Posted by matt (matt), 5 December 2003
mine takes the 4 weeks, but im a cheap skate and save 2 quid on postage  Smiley
Hi Matt,
          I think i paid about £2.79 postage. Is that the four week service Huh

Steve
Posted by matt (matt), 5 December 2003
4 quid is the 4 week turnaround

you must have paid more if you chose the 10 delivery

they are normally about right with either the 4 week or the 10 day
Posted by matt (matt), 8 December 2003
mine arrived today Smiley

i odered them the day i posted this, i paid the 4 quid postage choice (the cheapest)

Posted by fez (fez), 8 December 2003
Mine came today and I'm really impressed!

I ordered 500 matt/single sided and they are excellent quality.
Posted by STEVE71163 (Steve Lowe), 8 December 2003
Mine came as well. Excellent value for money Grin

Steve
Posted by fez (fez), 8 December 2003
Yep you're right there Steve, I don't think I'd buy anywhere else! Grin
Posted by matt (matt), 8 December 2003
for the price you cannot go wrong
Posted by dirkstar (dirkstar), 10 December 2003
i got my free ones today bang on ordered some more 26 quid.anyone tried ordering 2 lots of free ones.
Posted by matt (matt), 10 December 2003
you can order them again yes, im on my 4th lot
Posted by fez (fez), 10 December 2003
on 12/10/03 at 19:21:38, matt wrote:
you can order them again yes, im on my 4th lot

Cheap skate!! Grin Wink
Posted by matt (matt), 10 December 2003
on 12/10/03 at 20:45:32, fez wrote:
Cheap skate!! Grin Wink

And proud  Grin Grin Grin
Posted by Caesar (Caesar), 16 December 2003
I am all for them all our services have colored cards with magnets also...I cross market accounts better that way.An they look better on refrigerators too...
Posted by fez (fez), 16 December 2003
I've just ordered some return address labels to put on envelopes to leave when the customer isn't in.

You can get them to match your business card and they are only £7 for 140.

No more collecting for me! Grin

They should be here any day now so I'll let you know what they are like when they arrive.
on 12/16/03 at 04:37:14, Caesar wrote:
I am all for them all our services have colored cards with magnets also...I cross market accounts better that way.An they look better on refrigerators too...

Do you give out the magnets to your domestic customers- or are they only for your commercial windows? I checked them out, but they are a bit pricey.
Posted by matt (matt), 16 December 2003
33% off them magnets now

25 £5.33
50 £8.66
100 £15.33
200 £23.33
500 £43.33
1000 £79.99

1000 aint bad for 80 quid, would be nice to give all our punters 1 for Xmas Smiley, but its a little late now, are well  Grin Grin Wink
Posted by Majestic (Majestic), 16 December 2003
Do you keep getting e mails from them  HuhI put a order in last week and have had a e mail every day since Cool
on 12/16/03 at 19:51:06, Majestic wrote:
Do you keep getting e mails from them  HuhI put a order in last week and have had a e mail every day since Cool

Yeah, I do, but they seem to have some great offers.
I think I might try some fridge magnets when I buy water fed poles. To help get new commercial work.
Posted by matt (matt), 16 December 2003
yes, they do like sending out e.mails  Roll Eyes

but i allways delete them, as they repeat the offers all the time anyways Smiley, so i wil go a few weeks then read a e.mail
Posted by STEVE71163 (Steve Lowe), 16 December 2003
I don't mind receiving their e mails because the offers are the best deals around Cheesy

Steve
Posted by fez (fez), 19 December 2003
Has anyone had a brochure or leaflet produced by Vistaprint? I could do with some nice leaflets in the new year and I was wondering what type to get.

Any ideas on what works?
Posted by STEVE71163 (Steve Lowe), 30 December 2003
I am just about to place another order for business cards from vistaprint. Do the glossy ones look ok Huh

Steve
Posted by dirkstar (dirkstar), 30 December 2003
spot on 26 quid, got a great design wet glass finish
Posted by crystal (crystal), 30 December 2003
steve im attempting to place order right now too on payment screen its asking for a coupon code what do you input or am i missing something  Huh Huhon 12/30/03 at 15:15:50, Steve Lowe wrote:
I am just about to place another order for business cards from vistaprint. Do the glossy ones look ok Huh

Steve

Posted by STEVE71163 (Steve Lowe), 30 December 2003
Hi Crystal,
              I dont know what you mean by coupon code. I didnt get that when i ordered Huh

Steve
ok steve ill try a different route & see what happens !
anyone else had same query/problem ?
Posted by matt (matt), 30 December 2003
Crystal

just clikc the free section

you dont need any codes etc
cheers matt   will do  Cool Cool
matt &  steve have placed order finally after getting message back from vistaprint it turns out problem was to do with cookies yum, yum have deleted these & offending box dissapeared  Smiley thanx for help anyway  Cool

Posted by dirkstar (dirkstar), 31 December 2003
ive had this ,i think what it is ,when you make your first order they give you a code which allows you to claim a free gift when you make a second order .i tried it but the code i had been given was incorrect.
Posted by crystal (crystal), 31 December 2003
oh good not just another bout of my techno phobia then Embarassed Embarassedon 12/31/03 at 07:45:59, dirkstar wrote:
ive had this ,i think what it is ,when you make your first order they give you a code which allows you to claim a free gift when you make a second order .i tried it but the code i had been given was incorrect.

Posted by Majestic (Majestic), 31 December 2003
Had another e mail from vista - print today, decided to get the magnets will try 250  see how they go Cool
Posted by STEVE71163 (Steve Lowe), 5 January 2004
I have just recieved the glossy cards that i ordered on the 28th Dec. Excellent quality and fast service Grin

Steve
Posted by Bones (Bones), 5 January 2004
Steve,

I don't think you can beat Vista-Print for the price and quality. My Bro-in-Law had some done at the local printers £36 for 100 and they were just plain black writing on a white card!!

Mikey
Posted by Kevin_Whitlow (Pepe Le Pew), 7 January 2004
Brochures are great from VP just a bit long winded to upload your designs and no come backs if you make an error tpying Roll Eyesso check your spelling etc lots of times.I use the wave design for my business cards and the post cards no problems in 18months and good value.
Posted by karlosdaze (karlosdaze), 8 January 2004
I've just received my free cards, & I'm not that impressed with the freebies. I think I would go for glossy next time, and also just to get rid of the writing on the back "business cards are free......"
I think you have to pay the extra money to get the value. Was impressed with the thickness of the card, its hard to get that thickness for computers without spending a fortune.

Posted by STEVE71163 (Steve Lowe), 8 January 2004
Hi Karl,
          I recieved my second lot a few days ago and i got glossy and i think they look a lot better Smiley Also their is no sign on the back.

Steve
Posted by fez (fez), 8 January 2004
Anyone tried the postcards? They seem really cheap/good value - around £60 for 2000. I was thinking about getting some instead of leaflets, they'd last me ages. They are glossy/colour on one side and black and white on the other.
Posted by karlosdaze (karlosdaze), 8 January 2004
Hi Steve,
I'll think I'll go for the glossy next time!
Anyone had there magnets delivered yet?
Posted by shinnyshinner (shinnyshinner), 8 January 2004
Hi all
i received an email the other day from vista print and they where offering 250 Buss cards for 2.22 plus 1p to up grade to glossy.
cant get cheaper then that.
Been using vista print  for a while now and never looked back
Alan
Posted by Majestic (Majestic), 10 January 2004
Just got my magnets , very good but next time I will have a logo on as well .I called in on a local factory (Fishermans friend) and spoke to the girl on the desk she told me that they have a window cleaner and  have had him for years, but she put a magnet on the fridge in the canteen  for me , they have about 50 workers, see if anything comes of it. Cool
Posted by Bones (Bones), 10 January 2004
HI Majestic,

I had a new pack of cards delivered today from Vista-Print with the FED logo on it, i uploaded the logo and it cost me another £3.49 I think. Small price to pay for the quality of the cards.

Mikey
Posted by STEVE71163 (Steve Lowe), 10 January 2004
Hi John
         How big are the magnets Huh Can you read whats on them ok Huh

Steve
Posted by Majestic (Majestic), 10 January 2004
Hi Steve
They are the same size as the Biz cards, they look just like them same size writing . I just put name, address phone no ,e mail, web address, and there is room for a logo. they are about the same thickness as the biz cards but are magnetic. If you get any pay the extra and have a logo as well Cool
Posted by STEVE71163 (Steve Lowe), 10 January 2004
Thanks John.
                   Just going to place an order for some now Wink

Steve
Posted by seanc (seanc), 20 March 2004
you guys should be sales men im just ordering mine now

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.