Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

General Cleaning Issues - Floorcare, car valeting, buying and selling businesses, pricing, staffing, market research, etc.

Leaflet drops??

Posted by pre-vac_Nick (HolmansUKLTD), 23 February 2004
Hello people,

i have had 10000 leaflets made and i am wondering the best way to distribute them?

some say after a job put them through the letter boxs in the street, some say carparks others say use professional people, problem is living in south London ive watched them being delivered and also being dumped in the paper banks next to my office (my flat!!)

has anybody else got any advice??

anything will do Cheesy Cheesy
Posted by Ian_G. (Ian_Gourlay), 23 February 2004
When I sold Encyclopedias people used to stand outside tube stations and hand out leaflets.

In London you coulds end up cleaning carpets all over UK

So probbably not answer.
Posted by goodhand (goodhand), 23 February 2004
Im not sure the price but you coul try Newspapers Local freebies!

The risk is how many people read them, and what market you aiming at. if its commercial thats probably not the best option.

do you have a young keen relative you could offea few quid?
Posted by kb58 (keith b), 24 February 2004
Hi Holmans,
You could try counter display leaflet holders, and ask to put them in shops/clubs/associations/town hall etc,
or the post office do leaflet drops at the same time as delivering mail.
Personally if you have another batch printed in the future, i would get the printer to put different code numbers/lettering next to the phone number on different batches, and get the customer to quote this number for a discount,
that way you can get some idea of where your advertising is working best.

keith b
Posted by pre-vac_Nick (HolmansUKLTD), 24 February 2004
thanks for your replies,

i will see what works best

regards
Nick Holman
Posted by wreelyclean_servic (Wreelyclean Services), 25 February 2004
Grin Grin GrinGET YOUR WALKING BOOTS ON IN YOUR SPARE TIME..... Grin Grin

Don`t bother just dropping the leaflet through the letterbox....you are there so knock the bloody thing and face the potential punter up....you can only get a no, maybe or a yes can`t you...even the no`s and maybe`s can be left with a leaflet and the yes`s are instant quotes and the chance of quick job turnaround....

There is no easy way to building your own business your own way except getting out there and doing it the way you want it....

As for shops, that`s one of the things I do...anywhere people have to queue is a good place to get your leaflets.....local doctors and dentists are usually ok about leaving a few leaflets.......how about schools on your patch....get yourself there before the parents and hand them out as they arrive....throw them into their hands..they read later....the list is endless really....

Work smart not hard....walking about with your leaflets isn`t hard by any stretch of the imagination.... Grin
Posted by Scots_cleaner (Scots_cleaner), 10 March 2004
Ive just went down to the one of the local delivery chaps house, he wasnt in but i seen about 2 dozen of my leaflets all wet on his shed floor with the local free rag Lips Sealed Lips Sealed Lips Sealed Lips Sealed
Posted by squeaky (squeaky), 11 March 2004
Yes a couple of years ago I had a phone call from a guy who say a young lad throw a load of my leaflets in a hedge that he was surposed to deliver ( at £25 per 1000)

Mark
Posted by wreelyclean_servic (Wreelyclean Services), 13 March 2004
Wink..A couple of slaps would be appropriate for those 2 genlemen.....wouldn`t it!!

Like I said there is no quick fix to getting quality work and quality is the keyword.

We all have streets and even areas where it is a hassle (or it used to be Wink Grin Wink) to get work and then paid....so why pay some muppet to deliver or not in some cases.......knocking the doors yourself is THE best way...

Have Fun....
Posted by martin_606 (martin_606), 13 March 2004
I'm with wrely on this one, i always deliver my own when i have the spare time(hmmm... spare time, i think i can remember what that is...) I have always got a response from my drops although not done many of them, but when the sun has got his hat on it's great Wink

Regards

Martin Cool
Posted by keybrite (keybrite), 14 March 2004
I always do my own leafleting, when I have the time,
takes me an hour to do 200 houses on an estate, more if they have long drives, awkward gates, dogs that look agressive etc, but we have always had a  good result
not loads of work, but the worth the effort, and its a good break on a sunny day. Smiley
Posted by williamx (williamx), 14 March 2004
Have a word with your local mini cab/ taxi firm and ask that you advertised on the back of their business cards which they deliver via taxi customers and house drops and you will pay for the printing.  You will find that good companys order at lest 100000 every six months which only cost £295 + vat try Arboreeal Print 01708 733031. Grin
Posted by Fintan_Coll (Fintan_Coll), 16 March 2004
If you want the best result then knock on doors, some people might find it difficult to do but beleive me it does work

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.