Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

Window Cleaning Issues - Canvassing, pole systems, pricing, problems, etc.

Commercial Collecting?

Posted by easycleanwindows (easycleanwindows), 1 December 2003
can anyone please give me some advice on what terms and conditions they give to their commercial customers i have given 14 days to pay with 7% discount alas this still dosent seem to work and also whats the longest you had to wait for your cheque or bacs payment?
Posted by jonesy5 (jonesy5), 1 December 2003
Ive got one customer(refugee centre) who pay about 2 months after its done !!!!!!
EMPLOYER   THE GOVERNMENT AGENCY     i aint paying my tax bill till march 31st Grin
Posted by shinnyshinner (shinnyshinner), 1 December 2003
Hi easyclean
I would never give a 7% discount why should you, you have done the work, there not the one's freezing there bits off.
After talking to a few people on this forum and wintecs forum I decided to set a 14 day invoice and if they dont respond in the time slap a 10% surcharge on top which I have stated in invoice terms at bottom. Face it to most company's this is pennys to them.
If nothing heard after 14 days they will start getting weekly reminders and telephone calls.
Bloody cheek I think.

Good Luck
Alan
Posted by Fox (Fox), 1 December 2003
Hi
Most Companies work on 30days net. Don't give a discount for early payment to commercial customers very rarely has any effect on speed of payment.

If you haven't recieved payment after these terms call every two to three days if they are evasive.  However you will usually find that after the first call they will give you a payment date - and usually stick to it.

Good luck  
Posted by STEVE71163 (Steve Lowe), 2 December 2003
Hi Steve,
            I expect my invoices to be paid within 30 days and if they are not i telephone first but ultimately i dont clean again until payment. Even the largest companies can produce a cheque in minutes regardless of what they tell you  Roll Eyes but i do find out the days of their cheque runs and then give a gentle reminder.

Steve Lowe
Posted by shinnyshinner (shinnyshinner), 2 December 2003
Hi steve
I have heard of your persuasion techniques.
I found them most impressive, and your right about being able to produce cheques on demand if they want too.
Must say I am starting as I mean to go on had a couple of run-ins the last week so put on 14days so should receive within 30 days if not will start trying your techniques.
Alan

Posted by simonb (simonb), 2 December 2003
Most companies ignore your terms and go for 30 days, which means the end of the month FOLLOWING the month in which they recieved the bill.So
Get invoices in before month end
Address to person paying bill
Phone that person to chase
Keep doing domestic work as it helps cashflow!
Posted by Majestic (Majestic), 2 December 2003
When I get a new commercial job I ask when they pay out, ie 30 days from invoice date or at the end of the month .Allways get a contact name and no  , even a
e mail address then you can keep sending reminders but I would not do a clean untill I have had payment for the last one . Most companys like to keep hold of there money for as long as they can  Cool

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.