Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

Buy and sell used equipment here - Carpet cleaners, vacuums, scrubber dryers, rotaries, etc.

Advert :Lease your Equipment

Posted by DerekW (Derek Whittle), 3 October 2003
Guys, if you fancy changing direction, have a quick look at www.hydrotech.org.uk
Posted by Mike_Boxall (Mike_Boxall), 3 October 2003
Hi Derek
I'd like to question your claim about removing gum from tarmac - can your machine do it without damaging it?
Regards
Mike

Posted by John_Lewis (John_Lewis), 9 October 2003
All, I have seen this equipment  myself demonstrated and it does remove Chewing Gum from tarmac easily  without damaging it.     I am looking at buying one at the moment to branch out into other areas of the cleaning business.  I think this type of kit has real potential.
Posted by Ian_G. (Ian_G.), 2 November 2003
Im a local councillor and initial experiments with a gum cleaning machine have shown that there will be problems with uneven paving slabs after cleaning.

Posted by DP (DP), 3 November 2003
Hi Ian
This realy does beg the question why?
Can you explain further.

DP
Posted by Mike_Boxall (Mike_Boxall), 3 November 2003
Yes, I'm curios about that as well  Undecided
Posted by petra (petra), 3 November 2003
Well I want to know too   Cheesy
Posted by John_Flynn (John_Flynn), 3 November 2003
Come on then Councillor tell us why, Please.
Posted by timjwright (timjwright), 7 November 2003
I don't know about this machine but certainly high pressure water cleaning on paving slabs can contribute to unevenness.  Water gets between the slabs, washes away whatever is underneath and, over time, can lead to movement.

May not be the issue with this machine though?

Posted by John_Lewis (John_Lewis), 13 November 2003
Ian & All, I was on a demonstration the other day when this equipment was used on a Macdonalds drive-through and it shifted the gum easily.  A local councillor was also present and he was impressed with it.  The Manager from Macdonalds gave my colleague the contract to clean it once a month (£400) and has recommended him to another fast-food outlet down the road.  There seems to be quite a bit of money to be made here with the right equipment and the right attitude.  I have used this kit on domestic driveways and it's a piece of cake to use.  I think it's the way forward because in this day and age, there's block-paving everywhere and it gets filthy, especially when you drive vehicles on it!

Posted by Ian_G. (Ian_G.), 16 November 2003
Sorry not to replied before as I forgot this post was under Buy and Sell Equipment.

If I have upset any manufacturer I apoligise.

Most of the psts appear to be talking about cleaning on tarmac.

Our problem ison paving slabs some where the grouting has cracked.

The Officers reported back to the commitee, that problems had occured with paving slabs becoming uneven after cleaning and further experiments will have to be carried out.

I think I had just returned from the meeting when I made that post.

I will be making futher enquiries, as the shopping area in my ward needs a thorough deep clean.

Ps I do not offer this service so there is no conflict of interest.
Posted by John_Flynn (John_Flynn), 16 November 2003
Sounds about right   Cool Cool Cool

Left hand not knowing what right hand is doing Huh Huh Huh
Posted by Ian_G. (Ian_G.), 18 November 2003
John.

I am failing in my duties,

I am going to get onto this issue straight away.

Why is the gum machine not working, if they cant get it to work why did they buy it in first place.

Regards

Ian.
Ps.
If you have not sold your powerbrush by March I might be interested.

Just got a big repair bil for car.  Christmas is coming etc
Posted by John_Flynn (John_Flynn), 18 November 2003
Ian

The power brush is sold.
Posted by ligfordrd (ligfordrd), 20 November 2003
John
Can you let me know the supplier of the machine for cleaning chewing gum
Posted by John_Lewis (John_Lewis), 20 November 2003
ligfordrd, the suppliers are Hydrotech UK (equipment) Ltd based in Cheshire.  They will send you an information pack out in the post or you can chat to them on the phone if you wish as they are very helpful.  They will arrange a demo for you and you can buy or lease the kit whatever suits. It all comes complete on it's own trailer etc ...

Their Website is www.hydrotech.org.uk  
Posted by Mike_Boxall (Mike_Boxall), 20 November 2003
Sorry guys but I still dont think this will work on tarmac! Paving slabs, concrete, block paving - no problems but tarmac is entirely different becuase it is so heat sensitive!  There are a number of different trailer mounted systems on the market which all work on the same principle but I guess what makes Hydrotech different is that this is a franchise.
Did I read somewhere that it was £17,000?
Regards
Mike
Posted by John_Lewis (John_Lewis), 21 November 2003
Mike and All,  I am reliably informed that the 'Franchise' you refer to was actually a 'Distributor Franchise' and that the actual cost of buying this equipment yourself as an end-user to run your own cleaning business is £8,000 + VAT.   They do offer a lease deal though to make things easier for people like me that haven't got much money !    
Posted by Mike_Boxall (Mike_Boxall), 21 November 2003
John

Am I right in thinking you actually have one of thier machines?

Regards

Mike
Mike, I have ordered one and will be taking delivery in the next few weeks.  A mate of mine already has one and he was the guy that did the demonstration at the MacDonalds Drive-Thru the other week.  He is busy with it most days now.  He has just secured some work with the local council to clean paved areas in the shopping mall.  My main business is laying new patios and drives, but this will be a good 'add-on' business for me.
So you'll both be working in the same area then? I still can't quite work it out - I thought they were only going to have 10 franchise areas?
Regards

Mike
I am going to be an end-user not a distributor.   I will use the equipment to earn a living myself cleaning drives and patios etc...  I will not be distributing the kit.
John, you are obviously very well informed! I notice from your IP address that you use the same computer to access this forum as Derek Whittle - the chap that owns the Company!
Posted by Fox (Fox), 28 November 2003
Hmmmmmm  Very interesting point Mike.

Maybe that's why you haven't had a reply! Huh
Posted by paul_moss (paul_moss), 5 December 2003
Fox
Is that really your picture
Posted by paul_moss (paul_moss), 5 December 2003
Oh and Mike
Nice one
You are a real Sherlock Holmes
Posted by ligfordrd (ligfordrd), 25 February 2004
All
I am looking for a machine to clean chewing gum.  All the machines i have looked at are too slow in the cleaning process. If anybody can advise where i can get a machine, which can clean about 100 metres by 2 metres to the hour i would be interested talking to them.

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.