Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

Window Cleaning Issues - Canvassing, pole systems, pricing, problems, etc.

Bucket on a belt problem

Posted by bonzer (bonzer), 27 October 2003
Hi,

I've been using an Ettore bucket on a belt. I find it really useful but it doesn't take long for the squeegee holder to fill up with suds which stick to the squeegee and cause lines on the window. The problem is, I like the bucket on belt filled up so I don't have to take my big bucket around the back of houses, so I don't really want to have to empty the bucket regularly. Is this something that others find annoying and have you modified the bucket in any way (like drilling a hole in the squeegee pocket to drain the water)??

What do you think the best make of BOAB is?

Cheers

Matthew

Posted by karlosdaze (karlosdaze), 27 October 2003
The idea of having the bucket on a belt is to stop the water dripping. I think you defeat the object by drilling!!
I usually empty the excess water back in my main bucket every now and then, when I start seeing the drips coming off when I draw! because I do a lot of inside work, I would not even consider drilling!! Shocked
Posted by bonzer (bonzer), 27 October 2003
I am only talking about drilling the squeegee pocket which fills up with water overflowing from the applicator pocket. I like the applicator pocket to be quite full so I don't have to dunk the applicator too often.

Posted by Majestic (Majestic), 27 October 2003
If you use the Unger bucket it has a grove cut out of  the squeegee holder so it cant fill up with water  Cool
Posted by karlosdaze (karlosdaze), 27 October 2003
I use the Ettore as well, I don't have that problem with the squeegee pocket. Perhaps it's because your applicator bucket is so full of water, when you put it back in, it scrapes down the side filling the other. Perhaps you should use a holster for your squeegees, I have one but never use it. Basically it's the same as a hammer holder with longer pockets.
Posted by g_griffin (g_griffin), 28 October 2003
Bonzer,   I sometimes fill my  B on a B with water and had same problem so I  use a double leather squegee as  well. It allows me to carry more  than one squegee size  too.          Gerry.  
Posted by nigrub (nigrub), 28 October 2003
Yep. Drilled my Pulex the other day on the squeegee holder only and it works just fine. Should have done it ages ago - Don't have to keep wipin the blade as much now. Grin
Posted by Bones (Bones the Winda Kleena), 28 October 2003
Hi Guy's, I also thought of drilling a hole in the squeegie holder Huh But then thought my leg might get soaked throughout the day  Huh Huh Huh Undecided
Posted by bonzer (bonzer), 29 October 2003
To be honest, if like me you keep the bucket filled to the top, you get a wet leg anyway because the water from the squeegee pocket overflows down yer leg.

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.