Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

General Cleaning Issues - Floorcare, car valeting, buying and selling businesses, pricing, staffing, market research, etc.

Cleaning Caravans

Posted by Ian_G. (Ian_Gourlay), 26 February 2004
How much would you charge to clean maybee using waterless products and wax the outside of a Holiday Caravan

I could get a contract with a holiday home site but I think their target price is low, but before I pitch I would like some opinions, as I have never done it  before and opportunity just came up by being in right place.

Last chap got exited took on staff  vans etc and went bust.

Posted by Kevin_Whitlow (Pepe Le Pew), 27 February 2004
on 02/26/04 at 22:10:55, Ian_Gourlay wrote:
How much would you charge to clean maybee using waterless products and wax the outside of a Holiday Caravan

I could get a contract with a holiday home site but I think their target price is low, but before I pitch I would like some opinions, as I have never done it  before and opportunity just came up by being in right place.

Last chap got exited took on staff  vans etc and went bust.

Roll EyesIf you think their target price is low why are you still considering it?They have put one guy out of business why risk being the next?If they won`t pay your price OK let them find someone else who will.
If you would really like the work I think your best bet would be to perhaps to offer to clean one F.O.C then when you submit your price you will be in a better position to get a realistic price.
If you are to be paid by the site owner is he looking to make a quick buck agreeing a price with you and a much higher price to the caravan owner?(my experience) much better to deal with the people who own/rent the space and mobile home(my experience now)

Posted by gibbouk (gibbouk), 27 February 2004
if the last bloke went broke, it says to me that the work load is heavy, so he needed to take on staff to do it, but the price they are prepared to pay is low so he went broke. i just lost a couple of tenders to a big undercutter. he has bid for so much and has had to hire people to help him keep up. he is failing badly. his staff are rubbish, the quality is terrible. and this is not even the busy period come june he will be right in it. you need to have a decent price for this job ignore what they say they want to pay, work out what you think you need if they say no , move on.
Posted by Ian_G. (Ian_Gourlay), 28 February 2004
I would not due it for their price. Im thinking double, but just wondered if anyone had done a similar job.

Posted by wreelyclean_servic (Wreelyclean Services), 28 February 2004
Grin..I`ve done quite a few of these...

My system though sounds different to what you may use so here goes....

36` x 12`static caravan....My vans are fully self sufficient and I use steam/hot water cleaners with extending soft head brushes and a few step ladders....no special cleaning materials except good quality wash and wax and good quality polishing wax to finish.....don`t use too much pressure as you will knacker the joints/seals on a caravan and don`t use steam.....it`s basically like cleaning a car.....you might need some TFR for stubborn grime but then again it`s not brain surgery......

Depending how many there are I charge £80 for 36` x 12` caravans and don`t lower the price until I get to tourers.....however if there are quite a few it may be worth doing a deal.......

Remember..these people can pay a few bob for their caravans and with our weather they need protecting...be careful of those joint/seals though....

That £80 is for 2 men and it takes us approx 1 hour some times a bit more but you take the rough with the smooth don`t you....

Hope that helps.....
Posted by Ian_G. (Ian_Gourlay), 29 February 2004
Thanks for your reply.

£70 to  £80 was my target price.

However last chap only charged forty.

I did think your system would be best mehod.

Still trying to work out material cost for waterless method.

However Im not sure if they will be interested at £80 .

I could be wrong but nobody else seams \to be offering service.

Posted by no_water_no_wet (no_water_no_wet), 22 March 2004
Hi
i was just wondering where you ended up on your caravan cleaning as i am a waterless supplier.

regards
Lyn
Posted by Ian_G. (Ian_Gourlay), 24 March 2004
Talked to sight today not interested in £80 per van.

However I think if I was going to clean vans I would lease or buy a  Water Fed Pole System

Posted by wreelyclean_servic (Wreelyclean Services), 24 March 2004
Wink Wink...Bypass the site owner then and speak to the caravan owners....

The site owner seems as though he wants to make a butty on it anyway...

Just a thought... Grin
Posted by Ian_G. (Ian_Gourlay), 25 March 2004
Following Marks Thread, on the Carpet Cleaning Board,

I might try the combined service Carpets, upholstery and outside, but then I am up to £200 but there are loads of vans 1500 on this site alone.

Looking into Waterfed pole.

Nick reconds they only charge £17.50 in Cornwall for bulk cleans.
Posted by stevegunn (Steve Gunn), 25 March 2004
I know of someone in Northumberland who charges £25 per van inside and out

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.