Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

Window Cleaning Issues - Canvassing, pole systems, pricing, problems, etc.

* Getting the most out of the Clean It Up forum *

Posted by admin (Forum Admin), 20 September 2003
Is everyone aware that you can request an email notification on any topic when someone posts a reply? Simply click on 'Notify of replies' for an email to be sent to you automatically.
Posted by The_Fed_Man (The_Fed_Man), 20 September 2003
Any plans of an area to upload files, pictures etc?
Posted by Terry_Burrows (Terry_Burrows), 20 September 2003
Winkseeing as you are going to be the forum for window cleaners will you be doing some kind of forum mag,on line!,like cleanzine Huh that could be interesting! Wink

well you are the only forum,so you may as well grab every corner u can and y not! Smileyor do a 3 monthly or monthly update on forum people etc Wink watch this space your members will be growing,at a very pleaseing rate! Cheesy
Posted by STEVE71163 (Steve Lowe), 20 September 2003
I think this forum is going to grow and grow because their has been a need for something like this for a few years. Grin

Steve Lowe
Posted by luap (luap), 21 September 2003
i think steve is right..the only prob is if it does expand you have to watch out for the flamers.as long as the board has bona fide members and you dont have guests able to post....it can be a terrific resource for everyone....

paul.
Posted by karlosdaze (karlosdaze), 21 September 2003
There is another English wc forum where I think its by invitation only. Its for more experienced window cleaners, and hardly any flaming at all. I don't think I'm allowed to advertise it here though. I've learned more from that EU forum than the other American ones, and the members go out of their way to research for you.
Who will be the first to spill the beans?
Andrew, John, Terry?

Posted by STEVE71163 (Steve Lowe), 21 September 2003
Karl,
     Sorry to sound a bit stupid Embarassed but what does flaming mean Huh

Steve Lowe
Posted by Terry_Burrows (Terry_Burrows), 21 September 2003
Wink I am with you on that one steve Huh please explain
what do you mean by Flaming Huh
Posted by admin (Forum Admin), 21 September 2003
Flaming is a term used when discussions get out of hand and members start insulting each other. Believe it or not it can be quite common on message boards and tends to happen as member lists grow!
Although we have had to remove a couple of posts which were 'unprofessional' flaming is more of a problem where guests can post messages without having to register.
We are trying to improve the site all the time and, needless to say, your suggestions are welcomed.
Posted by Terry_Burrows (Terry_Burrows), 21 September 2003
WinkThank you for that forum! Cheesy I have had simular to that myself,but replied in a sturn not swearing,dont muck with me mate! Coolto a American who started it,
slagging me off,because the Guinness Book listens to me
and not them,to which I said,what have you done,what have you won!have to one for your country!then you have done none!who are you! Angry Cool Tongue
Posted by STEVE71163 (Steve Lowe), 21 September 2003
Thanks for that Forum Admin Cheesy It looks like you are getting all these things sorted out quite quickly because i noticed a few posts you deleted last week. If people can not post in a polite and professional way then why bother posting at all. Huh

Steve Lowe

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.