Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

Carpet Cleaning Issues - Carpet construction, upholstery cleaning, stain removal, equipment, events, etc.

extracta v comanche

Posted by nat270 (nat270), 7 January 2004
Huhextracta cx versus prochem comanche ... what are the good points and not so good points about each machine.  just about to buy my first machine but cant quite decide which one Huh
Posted by lee_gundry (lee_gundry), 7 January 2004
i had a cx back in 95,sold it in 2000,just had the unit back over xmas to service it for the guy,still looking good,origional vac,second pump,& a new plug.

extracta portables are excellent units,had a cheyenne from prochem that too was a excellent unit.never had a comanche sorry.

ps
go for a unit with 2 3 stage vacs.dont forget the HEAT.
EXTRACTAS are built in.
Posted by mike_halliday (mike_halliday), 8 January 2004
is the Commanche tha same as the Cheyanne? I thought the commanche came with 2 x2stage vacs, the cheyanne 2x3stage.

Anyhow, I like the prochem machine because its so easy to get to the working parts, just tilt the lid  (you could change a vac motor on the job if you needed to).

Mike
Posted by MB (Mark Betts), 8 January 2004
Extractas are ok, I had one for a couple of years but are a total pig to work on.

Like Mike said the cheyenne is easier to work on.

Mark

Posted by Lionel (Lionel), 8 January 2004
Try the new Powerplus from Prochem its bigger and cheaper.
Posted by Glynn (Glynn), 8 January 2004
Mark
The cx is a single vac machine and so is easier to work on.
I must admit that the Exel is a bit of a sqeeze bu I could change both vac motors in 15 mins, but then again when you have worked on V12 jags as I have something like a c/c machine is a peice of pxxs.

Regards
Glynn
Posted by nat270 (nat270), 8 January 2004
Roll Eyesall very interesting comments so far, but still got to take the plunge and i think i will go for the  extracta  no wait the comanche or the ninja  aahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh  Wink you could always send private message and give me the real low down Lips Sealed
Posted by BeeClean (BeeClean), 8 January 2004
has to be prochem every time!!!!
Posted by Mike_Boxall (Mike_Boxall), 9 January 2004
on 01/08/04 at 08:24:59, mike_halliday wrote:
is the Commanche tha same as the Cheyanne? I thought the commanche came with 2 x2stage vacs, the cheyanne 2x3stage

Correct about the vac motors (Comanche 2 x 2 stage 180" lift with 38 ltr capacity, and the Cheyenne 2 x 3 stage with 220" lift with 61 ltr capacity) They both use the same 2kw clip-on heater.

I agree with Lionel - the new Steampro range are the ones to look at!!

Regards

Mike

Posted by lee_gundry (lee_gundry), 9 January 2004
comanche 2 2 stage vacs  180" lift                                                            £1845.00

heater                                                     £495.00
total                                                         £2340

extracta XL 2-3 stage vacs inc heater     £1998.00
220" lift

(imo) prochem are better buitl
Posted by Lionel (Lionel), 9 January 2004
I bought a powerplus and heater for under £1900
Posted by Ken_Wainwright (Ken Wainwright), 9 January 2004
My gorgeous young Post Lady called today and left me a nice, brightly coloured flyer from B&G Cleaning Systems Ltd. (0800 542 6357 or www.bgclean.co.uk ) Their top line portable is called the Carpetline 700. 70 ltr capacity and 2-off 1300w 3stage motors. No mention of pump or heater, and not clear which type of wand or how much hose. Doesn't say if capacity is combined or just for clean water. Price £1355 + Tax. (reduced from £1935). Not really my cup of tea, but may be worth a look.

Safe and happy cleaningSmiley
Ken

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.