Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

Carpet Cleaning Issues - Carpet construction, upholstery cleaning, stain removal, equipment, events, etc.

best carpet cleaner used by hand

Posted by no_water_no_wet (no_water_no_wet), 27 March 2004
would somebody like to advise me on what they think is the best carpet cleaner for car carpets when hand cleaned not using a machine

thanks
Lyn
Posted by lenpg (Len Gribble), 27 March 2004
Lyn

No_ water_no_wet, but wait till you have to clean split milk, coke etc Grin

Len

Posted by Dave_Lee (Dave_Lee), 27 March 2004
Lyn,
I know its not the answer you are after, but if theres no machine - its not, the best clean.
Dave.
Posted by Derek (Derek Bolton), 28 March 2004
Lyn

Many years ago part of my business was vehicle valeting and carpets were only just becoming the norm in the vehicles.
We, in the initial stages, used a crystalising shampoo by hand which when dry we vacuumed off...the results were pretty good. If we had a milk, coke spillage as has been suggested we pulled the carpet out of the vehicle and flood washed it.
The carpets in vehicles are fitted more securely these days and some form of rinsing machine (Extraction) is useful

Regards
Derek  
Posted by stevey331 (stevey331), 28 March 2004
i use to use carpet form cleaner!!

steve331
Posted by cleanmac (cleanmac), 3 April 2004

Remove all the dry dirt ( no short cuts here)
equipment req.,steel crevice tool for your vac,hardbrush,dogy brush and a brush comb (chemspec cat. page 22) access to an airline, with a blower nozzle
will help a lot on the bad cars
Use all these tools in combination as needed,ie vac ,brush,vac,comb,vac ,blow,vac , etc.  

Carpets still looks dirty?
Black,gray and midgray carpets use blackdye,as supplied by autosmart or autoglym (both on the web)
Any other colour use carbrite aerosols (01733 384150)

But why not hwe after you removed the dry dirt properly?
What are you going to do with the seats?

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.