Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

General Cleaning Issues - Floorcare, car valeting, buying and selling businesses, pricing, staffing, market research, etc.

Holidays?

Posted by martin_606 (martin_606), 31 January 2004
Hi Guys

how do you cover yourselves when you want to go away?
do you...

Not bother?

Go, and leave someone in charge?

Don't do any cleaning and lose the cash?

regards

Martin Cool

Posted by gazza (gazza), 31 January 2004
what is a holiday afraid no work no pay good luck in your next life
Posted by petra (petra), 1 February 2004
I put mu supervisor in charge, give her a breakdown of wages and everyone's work shedule ect...and then nip of for a few days, I always tell her where I can be contacted in emergency's...work for me
Petra
Posted by tracey (tracey), 1 February 2004
got to agree what holidays Huh

tracey
Posted by Les (Les), 1 February 2004
I can see we all suffer from the same "all work and no play" syndrome.
We got away for one week last year, (long distant memory now Cool).
Had to pay someone to cover for us and when we got back they said they where cream crackered and couldn't believe how we do it for a living, (nor can we)  Grin
Will definitely be going again this year as we all need to recharge our batteries sometime.
Most customers were very understanding, (contracts that is) except one, (our friends at the conference centre) who felt as if we were letting them down...even though they all take about 5 weeks off a year Angry
Never mind, they survived and appreciated what we do a bit more on our return.
Posted by martin_606 (martin_606), 3 February 2004
Thanks for the replies guys.

gazza, feel sorry for you if you cannot get away  for at least a couple of weeks a year to
a. give yourself a break

b. get some distance from the daily grind and a different perspective.

c. getting away can improve business as the distance can give a diferent view.

I think i am with you on this one petra.

I intend to leave someone in charge, up her wages slightly and still earn while i am away.

Thanks all

Regards

Martin Cool
Posted by helpinghands (helpinghands), 3 February 2004
hi
we save up a little each week to allow for the monet we dont get in thats about all you can do

good luck
Posted by Anj (Anj), 7 February 2004
yep  what is a holiday?
Posted by mickeyfat (VGC), 7 February 2004
bugger that ..you need a holiday to keep u going
we try to get as much done as quick as we can and when it looks like we are "infront" we book a last minite deal for two weeks, by the time i get back i am a little behind, no more so than a week of rain though
Posted by mike_halliday (mike_halliday), 7 February 2004
I've just booked the flight for a week at the end of March, I'm going to my Villa in spain. All I'll do is work the full weekend before I go and the weekend i return. this will keep me on schedule.

While I'm in spain I have all my call diverted to my mobile, the customers won't even know the differance.

you all need to take Holidays, thats why we're self-employed Wink

Mike

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.